2002 Mazda Protege 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - My Amazing Mazda Protege LX

2002 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Review

2002 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Amazing Mazda Protege LX 5spd.
By littlemissinjured on

2002 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me when I was 15. I loved it then, and I love it now. It is more than reliable and very good on gas. On average I get up to 34 mpg - somehow. Learning to drive this car was a breeze. The clutch is great and hasn't gone out on me yet. I drive it to school and back daily, so that's at least 40-45 miles. The only problem I've had is that sometimes my gears stick and my trunk popping mechanism was broken. But, it got fixed. I highly recommend this vehicle to new drivers and drivers who want the feel of a sports car wrapped up into a sporty, fun to drive sedan.

Favorite Features

I love the display. The colors are so vibrant, fun, and easy to read even during the darkest of nights. The handling is great. Some may think its touchy, but I think it's easier to drive. I love that it's a 5 speed manual also. Making it a manual transmission adds more fun to the driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

I have no suggestions other than possibly a 6th gear. Overall, this is a great car.