2002 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: My Amazing Mazda Protege LX 5s

2002 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Review

My Amazing Mazda Protege LX 5spd.
By littlemissinjured on

2002 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me when I was 15. I loved it then, and I love it now. It is more than reliable and very good on gas. On average I get up to 34 mpg - somehow. Learning to drive this car was a breeze. The clutch is great and hasn't gone out on me yet. I drive it to school and back daily, so that's at least 40-45 miles. The only problem I've had is that sometimes my gears stick and my trunk popping mechanism was broken. But, it got fixed. I highly recommend this vehicle to new drivers and drivers who want the feel of a sports car wrapped up into a sporty, fun to drive sedan.

I love the display. The colors are so vibrant, fun, and easy to read even during the darkest of nights. The handling is great. Some may think its touchy, but I think it's easier to drive. I love that it's a 5 speed manual also. Making it a manual transmission adds more fun to the driving experience.

I have no suggestions other than possibly a 6th gear. Overall, this is a great car.