2002 Mazda Protege 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Good change from a 2000

2002 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Review

2002 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good change from a 2000 corolla
By Jason McGovern on

2002 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has got to be the coolest eco-sedan I have ever driven. It's a very nimble little car and with being a bit smaller than other eco sedans, the 130hp engine goes a bit farther on get up and go. This car comes with a sporty grip steering wheel which I believe is a 13" (a little smaller than most others). Makes for a very fun drive and ALL curvy roads are a pleasure to drive. The construction is very solid, and the interior has no annoyances or cheap interfaces. Sure, it's no drag racer, but since when do we all drive on open straight roads 100% of the time? Agility over brute strength.

Favorite Features

The handling and the moon roof:) This thing reacts as instantly as you do on the steering wheel. The handful of small storage spaces helps a lot too.

Suggested Improvements

My suggestion for ALL sedans, is....Larger cup holders! You can never put in a 44 ounce drink unless it's tapered at the bottom. I think only SUVs take care of that. It's hardly a suggestion to deter one's purchase however.