2001 Protege ES
By Somsun on
2001 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I recently purchased a 2001 Protege ES via private sale with 24k miles. I know from experience that Mazdas just go and go. I owned a 1987 323 and as a second owner, it carried me well into the 200,000 mile stretch. I love the styling most of all about the '01 Protege ES. I look out at it in my driveway and smile; I like it so much! I love the interior styling and roominess of the ES. I drove a few co- workers and myself to lunch today and they commented how much leg room there was in the back seat. I like the spoiler because it helps me gauge where I am when backing out or into a parking space. Overall, for the quality and price it can't be beat.
Favorite Features
I might mention that when unlocking the car with the remote, to get ALL of the doors to unlock, you must press the "unlock" button twice. I found that one out today when I noticed that only the driver side door unlocked when I press it once, then they all unlock when I press it twice.
Suggested Improvements
It would be ideal if the steering wheel could telescope towards the driver, not just move up and down. Additional intermittent wiper blade modes please. The 4-speaker stereo/CD is "ok". The arm rest is basically nonexistent. The air circulation button works only when it wants to.