2000 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: I loved my car.

2000 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

I loved my car.
By zachisawesome on

2000 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2004 and kept it until this year when I unfortunately crashed it. It was a wonderfully reliable car in the 5 years I owned it. The battery failed once but I cleaned the alternator and it was back to charging just fine, and never failed again. Handled great except in rain, but that could have been tires and brakes getting old. Never had a problem with the CD player volume not working like some people have said. Interior and exterior was still holding up well. It only went into the shop once for regular maintenance though needed to go back for brakes and suspension. Definitely a much nicer car than my friend's civics and corollas, and just as reliable. I loved this car

Great sound from an economy sound system, good acceleration, and handling for its class, large trunk, comfy seats, reliability. Fun to drive, made me smile every time I drove it. I miss it already. Great safety I emerged from a 30 mph collision with an SUV also doing 30 mph untouched.

Loud road noise, though I grew to love it. better gas mileage, Overdrive button stopped working. Lights on the center console were starting to be finicky. Shocks were going at 120000 miles.