2000 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: Love my Protege

2000 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love my Protege
By jjac28 on

2000 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan

I THINK THE PROTEGE IS THE BEST IN IT' S CLASS FOR THE YEAR 2000. I OWN THE ES 1.8L PROTEGE (LX IN CANADA) WITH ALL THE OPTIONS IE: TOURING PACKAGE (POTENZA TIRES, MOONROOF, SPOLIER ETC) I HAVE NOW 60,000KM ON IT AND IT'S BEEN GREAT OWNING THE CAR. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE/FAST DRIVER SO I REALLY PUSH THE CAR AND IT NEVER DISAPPOINTS ME. I CANT BELIEVE THAT SOME SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS CAR. THE PROTEGE OWNERS I SPOKE TO REALLY LIKE THIS CAR AND ARE PROUD TO OWN IT.

IT'S GOT VERY GOOD HANDLING, ACCELERATION ,THE ENGINE IS PEPPY ALWAYS REVVING NICELY. QUALITY /MODERN LOOKING AND SPACIOUS INTERIOR AND NO CHEAP PLASTICS....UNLIKE GM CARS. VERY RELIABLE CAR. THE CAR LOOKS CLASSY AND MORE EXPENSIVE ON THE OUTSIDE. I HAVENT HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH IT...

OF COURSE, MORE HP WOULD BE WELCOME BUT FOR THIS PRICE RANGE ITS VERY GOOD. THE STEREO IS VERY AVERAGE , POTENZA TIRES ARE CAUSING A LOT OF DRONINGNOISE. THE CAR IS A LITTLE TOO LOUD ON THE INSIDE.