2000 Mazda Protege - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Protege model:
Great Car!!!
By Bill Nye on 03/10/02 22:28 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan

I commute several hundred miles a Week for work (800+ mi.). This car just runs and runs, no problems, just change the oil and it goes. Has almost 30K miles and takes a beating.

I must have got a lemon
By Snoop on 03/07/02 21:32 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been in and out of the shop though they don't want to fix it when it gets there. Finally found a factory defect after 4 attempts. Still having the same problem. Dealerships don't want to fix the car unless it's dead on the water.

Excellent Car
By silentguilt on 03/04/02 20:46 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan

This is a quality small car that is easy and cheap to maintain. I have had no major problems with 28k on the odometer. The one problem I had was a airbag sensor, and a quick fix under warranty. The 1.6L has only 105hp, but makes use of all that is there with a slick shifting auto tranny. Complaints: The car has one small rattle, and is a bit rough and loud on the highway. If you have a chance to pick one of these up used, do not hesitate!

Excellent buy for the price!
By the_big_h on 02/26/02 10:20 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 2 years, and it has been flawless, barring a deer accident that I had back in October 2000. GREAT handling and peppy acceleration with a firm but comfortable ride. The Bridgestone OEM tires perform well, but it's a bit noisy. At highway speed the car is extremely stable, even when under strong crosswinds. The stereo w/ CD player is solid for a OEM system. A must-see if looking for a good used car!