1999 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: glad i baught this car!

1999 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

glad i baught this car!
By mazdafan on

1999 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a new protege in 99, the car has always been really trustworthy! The car really hasn't had any real problems besides normal maint (alternator, oil changes, brakes etc.) I have always kept up maint on this car and has allowed this car to still run just like it did when I drove it off the lot even after 311,000 miles! I have never had to do any Major engine or trans work on this car and still trust it enough to make 3 400 mile trips a week! On the highway it gets about 35-40 mpg and citywise mid20s to lower 30s! One complaint is that the cupholders are to small and are placed too close to the dash and shifter. Also long trips the seats can get uncomfortable! But great car and value!

Sunroof, sound system, fun to drive, great gas mileage, very dependable, have gotten my 20,000 I paid back considering I haven't had many problems in the 310,000 miles that ive drove it! I love this car, may not be a Mercedes but cant find many 20 grand cars that match this cars reliability and drive!

Would give more space in console for the cupholders ( too close to dash and shifter) and also make seats more comfortable on long trips cause can be stiff after long road trips! But really great car Mazda! For being owned by Ford corp they have stepped up the game with the protege! Great job!