1997 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Protege model:
Reliable, sensible car
By MD driver on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Protege Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I've driven this car all over the country, literally. Performs adequately, not powerful at all but extrememly reliable. The gas mileage is great (39ish on the highways). Overall, nothing special, but a good car to own.

Love this car!
By nailgirl on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Protege Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is the very first car I have ever bought and paid for myself - and it is worth every penny. Of course I make sure I keep up with all of my scheduled maintenance - this car will be with me for a long time!

Excellent reliability
By Vandersteven on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Protege Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 2001 @ 30,000kms. replaced the exhaust @150k kms, windshield wiper connecting rod needed to be replaced after using wipers in heavy rain (cheap plastic; the bill was almost $300!!!!!). Besides that, never any major problems. Excellent mileage

WOULD BUY IT AGAIN!
By wakaleh on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda Protege Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

VERY RELAIBALE CAR, SPAECIOUS, ACCOMODATE FAMILY OF 4-5 EASILY, HUGE TRUNK FOR ITS SIZE, NICE LOOKS, VERY COMFORTABLE RIDE.

fun car!
By DreDre on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda Protege Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car! I have a 1.5 liter engine, and with a standard it has plenty of pick-up. It shifts like a dream, one of the easiest I've encountered. I'm over 100,000 miles and have never had any major problems with my car. I'll definitely but Mazda again!