1995 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: My Old Blue

1995 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Old Blue
By 1995 Mazda Protege on

1995 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan

After a first month of major shaking off of dust and investing over $700 in new parts, the little car perked right up, except for occasional lapses of electrical connections, like windshield wipers. It seems to drive better and better with time, besting the big boys that keep broadsiding it. Truly, the "little engine that could." Already had 126,186 when I purchased it several months ago, and I have the feeling it's just getting started. In fact, I watched six mechanics' eyes light up once they got behind the wheel themselves. I love my little car; it makes me love driving, even in crazy traffic. Its small size is a plus for maneuvering, too. Forget "first car"--this is a keeper.

Starts right up every time; no need to warm up; gets more powerful the more it is used; very easy to manovour; very fuel efficient, easy to park.

Built a bit too low to the ground for road visibility; more trunk room; maybe a version that is a two-seater; bring back MY MADZA PROTEGE!