1995 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Protege model:
Blueberry
By bluberrymica on 09/22/06 09:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I inherited it from my dad. I absolutely love this car. If you take care of it, it will take care of you! I have an ES trim, with the bigger engine and alloys. The ES trim is a must. My car currently has 192,000 miles on it, and It will not die anytime soon.

Best mazda ever
By Mazda Lover on 04/28/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought it new and still have it. Do not plan to sell it, i shall paint it and keep it forever. Great little car, mine is a stickshift, a little close the gear ratios, but is is fun driving on twisty roads. Extremely comfy, very good abs brakes, discs all around. No complaints whatsoever.

So sad to have lost it
By Mazdas Rock on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I loved this car! Bought it from my cousin at 60,000 miles. Drove it for 8 months and crashed it (great testement to the power in this little engine). I was devastated. A little weak on low- end power coming out of dead stops. But driving and passing in the fast lane is a breeze. Plenty of trunk space. No weird noises, smells or vibrations coming from under the hood or anywhere else. I had a 5sp manual and loved it. Totally solid piece of machinery. Looked for another Protege to replace it.

Great Value
By basaralp on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda Protege Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

It's a 95. I bought it in May 2000. At that time, it had 97k miles. I was kind of worried about the maintenance cost that would hit me in the future. I had no major problems with the car. Only replaced the battery and the rear muffler in two years period. ES is a higher end car than LX or DX, has more features and horses. I am really satisfied with the performance of this car. Planning to keep it for another two years.