It won't die!
By Steve on
1994 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan
I bought this car as a repo from a bank in Tennessee. It was only 2 years old, but the people had been living in the car when they found it. It was cockroach infested and had one of the windows broken, (possibly from the repo). We completely disassembled the interior and washed it with a hot water pressure washer and it came out brand new. We ended up setting off 5 bug bombs to kill off the roaches and they never came back. The car has been given up dead by my daughter three times now, the last time she brought it to my house with the title and left it. When gas went up so bad I went out and resurrected the car again. It has 185,000 miles and runs like a sewing machine, cold A/C and all.
Favorite Features
Indestructible drive train, Even worn out the doors still sound like a Mercedes when they close.
Suggested Improvements
None! Don't mess it up. Anything they do will just make them more expensive. The interiors are cheesy but everyone expects that. When I get rid of the wife's gas drinking Suburban I'll definitely see what Mazda has to offer.