1994 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: Best car i've ever owned (R.I.

1994 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Review

Best car i've ever owned (R.I.P.)
By Damien on

1994 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Mazda Protege for 7 years now. Bought it with 98000 miles on it. 5spd DX 4door no power anything. I would drive this like a bat out of hell sometimes and normal the next. It now has 270,000 miles on it. Replaced alternator once, battery once, radiator hoses twice. I think the first set was faulty. Simple problems, simple fixes, standard. Nothing else has gone wrong with this car other than than that. I was t-boned in a wreck few months ago and bashed my doors in. Car looks half pinched in middle. I still drive it around town for the hell of it before my insurance runs out. Still does 120 mph. 30 mpg and will not die. I will miss it. Damn good car!

Quick for what little HP is has, interior smooth and sleek, nice lines, engine never gave me problems.! I love this car... hate to see it go

Door seatbelts ran across my neck. Poor stock stereo was quickly replaced with aftermarket. Bumps nicely now that's about it.