1993 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: Review of 1993 Mazda Protege O

1993 Mazda Protege Sedan - Consumer Review

Review of 1993 Mazda Protege Over 12 Yrs
By TurtleLady on

1993 Mazda Protege DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this teal 1993 Mazda Protege DX 4Dr new off the lot in 1993. I've had it for 12 years now, and it's been a very dependable car. The fabric on the ceiling is beginning to tear, and the drivers side seat has a small wear- through. The paint is peeling. But in terms of mechanical reliability I couldn't be happier! It has had 3 major replacements of the steering system, but all were within 5 year warranty period. I was driving 55 down the highway when I had a rear blowout. I only knew it because I smelled rubber and saw pieces of tire flying up in the rear view mirror. The handling of the car did not change! I'd buy another one without hesitation!

Tight handling like a sports car. Safety features second to none! I've been rear ended 6 times by large pickups and vans - no more damage than a dent in the bumper. Tachometer to see how hard engine is struggling. Outstanding gas mileage (35 mpg). Fold down seats 60/40 split.

Make paint more durable. Better quality sound system - this is a little scratchy.