1992 Mazda Protege Consumer Review: Great First Car

1992 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

Great First Car
By Julian on

1992 Mazda Protege LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my protege real hard, keeping those RPM's up all the time and the thing just handles great. I bag on the car all the time and it doesn't get problems. Its a very reliable car, even more so if you don't beat it to hell like i do. This is a very good car for just getting around in or ur teenagers first car. I would recommend it to anyone. It could do with a lil more pwoer though, but its not hard to add a few mods like a custom intake and a turbocharger and my lil protege has bout 175 hp. Thats a terrific gain from the stock 105hp, with still great fuel mileage. i estimate my car to at least get 36 mpg.

the plain simple layout of the car, great for working on, lots of space for sub-compact sedan, very tight steering and good handling. Runs very well, and very reliable. And its not a bad looking car either.

Making the stick engines a tiny bit bigger, just for that extra needed lil kick to the throttle response.