Used 1994 Mazda Navajo SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mazda Navajo - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mazda Navajo SUV

View reviews for a specific Navajo model:

Hard to find quality
By mjmcesq

1994 Mazda Navajo SUV LX 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle used in 2002 as a graduation gift for my daughter but it is now my personal vehicle. It has 170,000 miles and will easily make 200,000. Just two criticisms of this extremely well-built SUV which should have continued to be made based upon its performance: The rear bumpers rust quickly and badly (I learned its true for for virtually all of them) and even for 1994 the fuel economy should have been better. On the other hand, it is extremely reliable, the body did not have the bad rusting problems of its Explorer counterpart,did, and its rarity makes it additionally fun to have and drive.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

It's too late for manufacturer improvements of course, bit after-market engine performance enhancers to increase horsepower and fuel economy are available for all vehicles.

Great Truck
By dan

1994 Mazda Navajo SUV DX 2dr SUV 4WD

I own a Navajo and had it lifted 6 inches as well as performance parts put into it and it holds up great! Yeah it get all the normal truck problems; tire alignments and normal wear and tear. Over all it's my little big baby.

Favorite Features

Love the look it gets when people see it's a Navajo, most people nowadays have never seen one.

Suggested Improvements

They should have built it with a V-8.

You'll like this one....
By Nancy

1994 Mazda Navajo SUV LX 2dr SUV

I really enjoy driving this SUV - fun to drive and extremely reliable. I've owned it for over a year now and, besides the regular maintenance, have only had minor repairs (sensor and thermostat) which amounted to about $300. I did just put on new tires - a size larger than recommended, which seems to increase the handling and speed. The car has 112,000 miles on it - I'm going to try and see it to 200,000!

Favorite Features

The looks and dependability - you can be assured it WILL start when you get in it. The handling is great too!

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper doesn't work that great - gets stuck on the bottom side of the window at times.

Practical and cheap SUV
By Fabs2k

1994 Mazda Navajo SUV LX 2dr SUV

Ever since I got this car I have only had to change the oil and put gas in. The car is problem free for an older car. Great option for a first SUV, college student, and someone that likes to throw everything in the back seat of the car.

Favorite Features

The car looks good for the year.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension is a little hard for the city at times.

Better than 1994 Explorer
By 1989 Mark 7

1994 Mazda Navajo SUV LX 2dr SUV 4WD

I went to a Ford dealer on 9-5-1993. And there I found a brand new 1994 Mazda Navajo LX 4WD. I thought it was odd until I looked at the 1994 Explorer that was next to it and realized that the looked identical. I came back on 9-12-1993 and it was still there, so ... I bought it. I still have it today.

Favorite Features

Nice sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Could use more power out of 4.0L V6.