1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Watch your head
By mx6 in wisconsin on 03/22/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is an excellent car for any enthusiast, such as myself; however, if your looking for an everyday driver, you should probably look at a larger vehicle. The best part of this car is the fact that I can put all of metallica's band gear in my trunk... IT'S HUGE!!! The cost of the large trunk is that you have to compromise your back seat space. The other big downer about this car is the one cup holder that only fits a 12oz soda. 4cyl is a little slow, but the 6cyl has a decent amount of power. Transmission could have been designed better. I dont like having a 2.5 ghost gear :( I still think that it is a great car though. I'm very pleased with it.

Great Car
By TheKingMX6 on 02/25/08 17:39 PM (PST)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for nearly 4 years. Got it at 39K and its now at 75K. No real big problems at all. Ive taken various long trips (1500+Miles) without any issues. It's a great car.

Svelte, reliable beast.
By Adam on 03/22/06 07:13 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car never breaks down. The four cylinder is more than adequate in the city (I live in DC). With Eibach sport springs and bigger tires--I run 225/60/15--handling borders on amazing. I've got the last year (1997) in metallic gray with a greenish tint, and it looks like nothing else out there. Keeping this one forever.

Awsome Performance Coupe!
By Kikster on 07/10/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Bought my 97 MX-6 LS for $6,000 and I couldn't be happier. Ok, so it's got 105k miles, but it runs perfect. Quick acceleration with the V6 is a kick in the pants! Got all the toys; leather, sunroof, alloy wheels, new MP3 CD, and power everything. Great bang for my hard earned bucks!

Fantastic Car!
By Ron Sechman on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Unbelievable car. Oddly enough, fantastic on long trips...no driver fatigue! Corners on a dime, mpg up to 28+.Only problem... with radio antennae, but fixed cheaply. Leather seats hold up well. Sound system superb. Never done a thing to it and at 53k miles...doing great!

mazda mx-6 LS
By rajgoel on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This is one of the best ever vehicle i have driven. I would never want to sell this.

MX6 - a born classic
By Myst on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

What a fantastic car. I bought second hand with 25k, and have owned for 3 years. I now have 130k, and still runs like the day I bought it. Lotsa power (provided you have the 2.5L V6), lotsa torque unlike the vtec 4 cylinders of today. You don't need 5000 rpm to get this car moving. Mine is cherry red, and I have metallic/smokey light tint on the windows (comparable to the Lexus type tints), and man does it look sharp. It's a real eye catcher. I've gotten so many compliments about my car, I almost don't want to get rid of it! But, tis the end of an era for me, and I'm off to SUV land.

Smooooth
By Hal on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

The car delivers everything you could want in this class.Remember,it's not a porshe,bmw,or a g35 coupe,but bang for your buck,you'll be happy.It's also a somewhat rare car and if you can find a clean one with low mileage,you'll have additional pride of ownership.So go out there and start your search,you won't be sorry!