1996 Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Awesome luxo/sport coupe

1996 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Review

Awesome luxo/sport coupe
By MJEEZY on

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Actually my girlfriends car, but I want it. It is the M edition, with the tan leather and burgandy paint, gold badging and rims... Looks classy, much more like a European luxury coupe than a Ford Probe (which, along with the 626 were all built on the same assembly line in the US.) The car looks great and runs great... The 2.5l v6 has a good deal of torque, I think 185 ft-lb. to go with the 165 hp, and you can feel it... The car loves to be above 4k rpms. Backseat is a joke, but then again, who cares, I dont sit back there. I have seen headers, ecu's and exhausts for this engine but that is about it.

Favorite Features

Favorite feeling is holding the rpms steady at 4k, then stomping on the gas and feeling it pull to 6k so fast...

Suggested Improvements

Could have a little bit more horsepower, and it is a little cramped inside. A little more headroom. Also, it is possible to swap the 2.5l v6 from the mx-6 into the lighter mx-3 replacing the 1.8l v6. You gain about 30hp and 80ft-lb of torque doing that.