Used 1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Mazda Mx-6 - Consumer Reviews

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:

Saved lives... Best car ever!
By tafntaf

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Words can't describe how thankful I am for this car. Unfortunately the car just got totaled, but saved lives. Everyone walked out without a scratch, it's a miricle. The safety for this car is unbelievably amazing, super fun to drive too and will truly be missed. Amazing car all around and would recommend to anybody. The body is so tough, it's a life saver.

Great Car for the money
By David Jacobson

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe M-Edition 2dr Coupe

This is actually my third MX-6 I've owned but the other two were 93's. This one I like a lot more then the other two. It has a more luxurious look with the added on M-Edition label. Also the OBDII is nice to have. The handling and get up and go really add to the fun factor of this car. I couldn't be happier and I'd recommend buying this car to almost anyone.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, disc changer, low road noise, nice sounding engine and exhaust note, and M-edition extras!

Suggested Improvements

A little more power or better gas mileage, Xenons headlights and better headlamps (Jspec style), bigger rims stock.

The best car I've ever had
By DeeBee

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I just sold my MX-6 after 7 great years, It couldn't grow with my family! I've had a Toyota and a Nissan before this and this was more reliable than the other 2. Power was average below 3k but it was excellent above 4500. Still runs 120+

Favorite Features

Great ergonomics, EXTREEEMELY smooth and quiet (even at 120). Ageless design. Women still like it after 7 seven years. Great value.

Suggested Improvements

Another cupholder! Better soundsystem

awesome car
By Leed

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I Absolutely loved having my mx-6. I had it for about a year and a half, but now I got a baby on the way so I had to trade it in for something bigger. This car did wonderful for me, the engine was very strong, the suspension, though softer then I wanted, was pretty smooth, and it was unique on the road. I would buy again, despite the high cost of parts.

Favorite Features

Leather, sound system, sunroof, spoiler, minimal road noise, and the interior design

Suggested Improvements

Possibly a more powerful engine, a firmer suspension, and a normal cd player, not a slow 3 disc changer. Also, engineer it so it can be worked on....it shouldn't take 4 hours to replace an alternator.

Mx6 traits by Maple Springs Automotive
By pressmalfunction

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I'm a used car dealer in NC, and I buy a lot of foreign cars. I've had numerous Mazda Mx6's and 626's with the 2.5 v6 and I can say that they are for the money a pretty solid car all around.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would include: The power and fuel mileage of the v6, and the plush leather.

Suggested Improvements

The main concern I have with the 2.5 v6 in the mazdas is the distributors. I am a dealer and I had 93-96 mazdas with the 2.5 v6 with bad distributors from 30,000 miles to 130,000.