1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
I Miss My MX-6
By StephRocks on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This was my all time favorite vehicle! Got 330,000 miles out of her before I sold her to a young man rebuilding another MX-6. All she needed was a clutch.

Can;t find anything comparable
By happy yes on 06/21/09 16:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Car has 91,000 mi. & I hate to part with it.Still an eye catcher and runs great. Except for necessary maintenance have had few problems. Still as happy with it after 13 yrs. except for fuel economy. Why can't they build something that looks and behaves like this? I'm waiting!

Good Car
By Nice Ride on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Unfortunately, I haven't had the best luck with the mechanical features of this car. Problems started springing up at about 65,000 miles. Mostly nuisance stuff, but it adds up. Overall, it is a good car. It handles great, accelerates well, and rides nice. It is a little noisy. But, it is one of the nicest looking cars on the road.

dream car at a dream price
By nickolaika on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

the best car i ever had (for almost 2 years now). i was thinking of selling it because it is a '96 and buy something newer. but what to replace my fun driving, gorgeous looking MX6 with? this car is deffinately a keep...

Enjoy owning it
By JoeDude on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Not sure why the reviewer by the alias of bebe is complaining about part cost... the MX6 and Probe are built on the same drive train and was a joint venture. The little work I have had done didn't kill me. I also do maintenance on my own car and yeah it's packed... but so are most newer cars with V6's or above. Stick to a V4 and you should have more room to maneuver inside :) Although I'll be replacing the car in a little over a year, I've been very very happy with it overall. Wish it had a little bit more oomph, but if I really wanted that could have got something else. The styling is just excellent and the ride is very good.

Expensive maintenance, poor pockets
By bebe on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Expensive, meaning - Japanese, need I say more??? Even if you buy domestic, it seems that service depts suck, suck you dry that is. It's bad enough that I made a bad decision on my choice of cars to buy, but then when it needs repairs, no body wants to work on it, cuz everything's too hard to get to....under this, behind that. When you finally do find someone who won't rip you off for labor charges, the parts still put you in the poor house. ADVISE: If you're going to buy a (somewhat) high performance foreign car, you first must be willing & able to dish out lots of coin.

MazMX-6 LS
By Gina Kepner on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

6 yrs old. Still get compliments on how 'cool' it is. Interior and exterior have kept their luster. No service problems, just regular maintenance and replacement of belts, tires and battery in 84000 miles. Great car.

MX6!!!!
By kkj2w on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Great car, not very common. Silent killer, although the mods are expensive if you are a racer. Nice car for anyone, has the looks and the speed to make almost anyone happy.