Used 1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

M-Edition Coupe (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Saved lives... Best car ever!
By tafntaf on 03/10/15 19:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Words can't describe how thankful I am for this car. Unfortunately the car just got totaled, but saved lives. Everyone walked out without a scratch, it's a miricle. The safety for this car is unbelievably amazing, super fun to drive too and will truly be missed. Amazing car all around and would recommend to anybody. The body is so tough, it's a life saver.

Great Car for the money
By David Jacobson on 04/10/05 23:13 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

This is actually my third MX-6 I've owned but the other two were 93's. This one I like a lot more then the other two. It has a more luxurious look with the added on M-Edition label. Also the OBDII is nice to have. The handling and get up and go really add to the fun factor of this car. I couldn't be happier and I'd recommend buying this car to almost anyone.

The best car I've ever had
By DeeBee on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I just sold my MX-6 after 7 great years, It couldn't grow with my family! I've had a Toyota and a Nissan before this and this was more reliable than the other 2. Power was average below 3k but it was excellent above 4500. Still runs 120+

awesome car
By Leed on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I Absolutely loved having my mx-6. I had it for about a year and a half, but now I got a baby on the way so I had to trade it in for something bigger. This car did wonderful for me, the engine was very strong, the suspension, though softer then I wanted, was pretty smooth, and it was unique on the road. I would buy again, despite the high cost of parts.

Mx6 traits by Maple Springs Automotive
By pressmalfunction on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I'm a used car dealer in NC, and I buy a lot of foreign cars. I've had numerous Mazda Mx6's and 626's with the 2.5 v6 and I can say that they are for the money a pretty solid car all around.

Why Buy a Beemer?
By Rob D on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Everytime I try to sell this car for something new I keep coming back to it. What a great price for a smooth looking V6! The cupholder situation, as others mentioned, is a joke. The 3Disc in dash CD changer is sweet. No mechanical issues to speak of.

Not for everyone
By jctr4a on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Great style, accurate handling, a well- engineered powerplant and lots of fun to drive are the good features. Poor build quality and cheap assembly materials are the major complaints. The M Edition was only built for one year, making it a rarity among the rare. MX6 was pricey when new, so the car didn't sell well compared to the near identically outfitted Probe. If you like exclusivity and can deal with the few problems (all simple and easily fixed with good information on the Web), this is a great car.

Beautiful Inside & Out
By Genny on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a 70-mile per day commuter. Looks, performance and comfort all seemlessly coexist in this car. This car, even at six years old, still looks fresh and it's not like every other coupe on the road (read Integra, Mustang or Camaro).

Awesome luxo/sport coupe
By MJEEZY on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Actually my girlfriends car, but I want it. It is the M edition, with the tan leather and burgandy paint, gold badging and rims... Looks classy, much more like a European luxury coupe than a Ford Probe (which, along with the 626 were all built on the same assembly line in the US.) The car looks great and runs great... The 2.5l v6 has a good deal of torque, I think 185 ft-lb. to go with the 165 hp, and you can feel it... The car loves to be above 4k rpms. Backseat is a joke, but then again, who cares, I dont sit back there. I have seen headers, ecu's and exhausts for this engine but that is about it.

MX-6
By Flave81 on 03/16/02 14:32 PM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Great car. Affordable. Minor problems electrically and mechanically. Lack of horsepower for racing ethusiasts, but decent V6