1996 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
I Miss My MX-6
By StephRocks on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

This was my all time favorite vehicle! Got 330,000 miles out of her before I sold her to a young man rebuilding another MX-6. All she needed was a clutch.

Can;t find anything comparable
By happy yes on 06/21/09 16:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Car has 91,000 mi. & I hate to part with it.Still an eye catcher and runs great. Except for necessary maintenance have had few problems. Still as happy with it after 13 yrs. except for fuel economy. Why can't they build something that looks and behaves like this? I'm waiting!

My Mx6
By BShark on 10/03/06 23:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

This car is incredibly fun to drive, and is easy to do modifications to. My first car ever and will always be loved. Things start to go as the car ages, however, so reliability is not the best, however nothing too serious. The fun experienced by simply driving this machine makes up for any problems though. It's a great car for the young and old driving enthusiast, and especially for those into upgrading/modifying vehicles.

Great Car for the money
By David Jacobson on 04/10/05 23:13 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

This is actually my third MX-6 I've owned but the other two were 93's. This one I like a lot more then the other two. It has a more luxurious look with the added on M-Edition label. Also the OBDII is nice to have. The handling and get up and go really add to the fun factor of this car. I couldn't be happier and I'd recommend buying this car to almost anyone.

The best car I've ever had
By DeeBee on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I just sold my MX-6 after 7 great years, It couldn't grow with my family! I've had a Toyota and a Nissan before this and this was more reliable than the other 2. Power was average below 3k but it was excellent above 4500. Still runs 120+

awesome car
By Leed on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I Absolutely loved having my mx-6. I had it for about a year and a half, but now I got a baby on the way so I had to trade it in for something bigger. This car did wonderful for me, the engine was very strong, the suspension, though softer then I wanted, was pretty smooth, and it was unique on the road. I would buy again, despite the high cost of parts.

Mx6 traits by Maple Springs Automotive
By pressmalfunction on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

I'm a used car dealer in NC, and I buy a lot of foreign cars. I've had numerous Mazda Mx6's and 626's with the 2.5 v6 and I can say that they are for the money a pretty solid car all around.

Good Car
By Nice Ride on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Unfortunately, I haven't had the best luck with the mechanical features of this car. Problems started springing up at about 65,000 miles. Mostly nuisance stuff, but it adds up. Overall, it is a good car. It handles great, accelerates well, and rides nice. It is a little noisy. But, it is one of the nicest looking cars on the road.

dream car at a dream price
By nickolaika on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

the best car i ever had (for almost 2 years now). i was thinking of selling it because it is a '96 and buy something newer. but what to replace my fun driving, gorgeous looking MX6 with? this car is deffinately a keep...

Enjoy owning it
By JoeDude on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Not sure why the reviewer by the alias of bebe is complaining about part cost... the MX6 and Probe are built on the same drive train and was a joint venture. The little work I have had done didn't kill me. I also do maintenance on my own car and yeah it's packed... but so are most newer cars with V6's or above. Stick to a V4 and you should have more room to maneuver inside :) Although I'll be replacing the car in a little over a year, I've been very very happy with it overall. Wish it had a little bit more oomph, but if I really wanted that could have got something else. The styling is just excellent and the ride is very good.