Used 1996 Mazda MX-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:

Saved lives... Best car ever!
By tafntaf

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

Words can't describe how thankful I am for this car. Unfortunately the car just got totaled, but saved lives. Everyone walked out without a scratch, it's a miricle. The safety for this car is unbelievably amazing, super fun to drive too and will truly be missed. Amazing car all around and would recommend to anybody. The body is so tough, it's a life saver.

I Miss My MX-6
By StephRocks

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

This was my all time favorite vehicle! Got 330,000 miles out of her before I sold her to a young man rebuilding another MX-6. All she needed was a clutch.

Unique body style - an absolute blast to drive

can't think of a thing - wish they would build another one

Can;t find anything comparable
By happy yes

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Car has 91,000 mi. & I hate to part with it.Still an eye catcher and runs great. Except for necessary maintenance have had few problems. Still as happy with it after 13 yrs. except for fuel economy. Why can't they build something that looks and behaves like this? I'm waiting!

beautiful lines, fast on takeoff and steady ride

back seat leg room and too small trunk

My Mx6
By BShark

1996 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

This car is incredibly fun to drive, and is easy to do modifications to. My first car ever and will always be loved. Things start to go as the car ages, however, so reliability is not the best, however nothing too serious. The fun experienced by simply driving this machine makes up for any problems though. It's a great car for the young and old driving enthusiast, and especially for those into upgrading/modifying vehicles.

The spirited performance, the comfort of the leather interior, the compliments the car brings to the owner of the vehicle.

Rear calipers tend to seize up, O2 sensors conk out, water leaks into the trunk, valve cover gaskets wear out. These are common problems to look out for. A passenger side cup holder would be nice. The 1996 is the only model year with 4 oxygen sensors, which is a hassle to replace (expensive).

Great Car for the money
By David Jacobson

1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition 2dr Coupe

This is actually my third MX-6 I've owned but the other two were 93's. This one I like a lot more then the other two. It has a more luxurious look with the added on M-Edition label. Also the OBDII is nice to have. The handling and get up and go really add to the fun factor of this car. I couldn't be happier and I'd recommend buying this car to almost anyone.

Power, looks, disc changer, low road noise, nice sounding engine and exhaust note, and M-edition extras!

A little more power or better gas mileage, Xenons headlights and better headlamps (Jspec style), bigger rims stock.