200K and still going
By MX-6 owner on
1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe
Here we go. I have a long story to tell about my MX-6. I bought this car from the Mazda dealership I worked at 7 years ago for $2000. At the time it had 82K on it. I put a clutch in it then because it was slipping a little. Prob why it was traded. That was 116K miles ago. I still drive this car as my daily drive. I average 35 mpg. Some highway and some rural/city driving. I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it. This is the best car I have ever had and I still enjoy driving it every day. The body has some rust but mechanically it is sound. I'm thinking about getting a new Mazda3 but prob won't get rid of my MX-6. I'm going to drive it until the repair bill is too much to handle.
Favorite Features
The best thing about this can has got to be the fuel economy. You hear new cars boasting about 30mpg. If I only got 30 mpg I would think something was seriously wrong with my car. Every day for the last 7 years when I have turned the key it has come to life.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement would have been better adhesive for the door carpet. I have to glue it back on every so often. Not a big issue. I hope everyone out there can one day have the same kind of experience with a car that I have with this one. It's the best. Thanks Mazda.