1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
A lot of Repairs
By Rhonda on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Bought this car at 2 years old with 50k and at first I loved it. But after owning it for 2 years, it started running hot! Replaced everything on it: hoses, water pump, thermometer, and finally the radiator. Then the transmission went out and replaced it only to have that transmission die 2 years later so replaced it again. Now at 235k it is running hot again and have once again replaced the hoses and radiator and looks like I'll have to replace the water pump again. Wouldn't recommend this car. I did regular maintenance and would get another car but can't right now in this economy. Regret buying the car. It looks great on the outside but don't judge a book by it's cover!!

1995 MX6
By Rod on 06/18/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 11 yrs. I parked it for 5 yrs and didn't drive it just sat behind the garage. After a few parts replaced and didn't change the oil right off, new battery. She fired up on first turn of key. Didn't blow any smoke. Replaced a few more things and been driving it 3 yrs now and have had no problems. What a great car!! At a 110mph was very smooth!

200K and still going
By MX-6 owner on 06/06/10 23:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Here we go. I have a long story to tell about my MX-6. I bought this car from the Mazda dealership I worked at 7 years ago for $2000. At the time it had 82K on it. I put a clutch in it then because it was slipping a little. Prob why it was traded. That was 116K miles ago. I still drive this car as my daily drive. I average 35 mpg. Some highway and some rural/city driving. I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it. This is the best car I have ever had and I still enjoy driving it every day. The body has some rust but mechanically it is sound. I'm thinking about getting a new Mazda3 but prob won't get rid of my MX-6. I'm going to drive it until the repair bill is too much to handle.

Disappointing
By EA on 04/03/10 17:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Got this car in 2002. Since then the transmission has been rebuilt/replaced three times. Overheats often. In the last two years the car vibrates and shutters terribly when in idle, especially if the AC is on. I've easily spent more money on repairs than I spent on buying the car to begin with. Never thought I'd say it, but this car has me missing my '87 Nissan Stanza.

MX-6 Sweet deal
By Rariem3 on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my MX-6 with 88,000 miles on the odo. It had minor body damage which is being fixed. I have so far replaced the spark plugs and brake pads. The car has great looks and picks up speed great with the V6 I regulary hit ninety on the highway with no drama. Oh yeah this car comes with a great stock sound system. Overall a great car only a few minor issues that I have fixed would recommend to the enthusiast driver who likes to cruise.

crying over loss
By wigglesj on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This 4 cylinder auto had more get up and go than any car I have owned with a small engine. I am now having to replace it because someone hit the car and I believe it will be totaled. The other thing about this car that I will miss, is considering all the get up and go it still would have excellent gas milage. The day I was hit I had filled up, I checked it and I had gotten 34mpg. I am really going to miss this car.

Den's MX-6 LX
By DennisM014 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This car is the best car I've owned (out of 10). As Mazda used to advertize, "It just feels right." The only recurring and annoying problem has been its tendency to lose CV boots on the axel shafts. I've replace about 5 of them at $ 140 a pop.

Great Car!
By grafchad on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome! I bought it about 2 years ago. It now has 150,000 miles on it and the only thing i have had to replace were the belts. It is a supremely reliable car and fun to drive as well with the V6. I am still using the stock clutch after all those miles as well. Definitly recommend this car to anyone.

Good performer, precise steering, brakes
By herthh on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This car combines good visibility and road handling in an attractive priced package. Do not hope for any comfort on erar sits, though! Its a car for two. Breaking is very precise, no under or oversteering while breking or accelerating. Good elasticity around 40-60mph, lousy though at lower speeds (15-25) where a typical kick down is necessary to switch down the gear and accelerate. Electoric overdrive is a pleasure to use.

Reliable, fun, comfortable
By n757jh on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is my 4th Mazda and it still just feels right! Bought used from Hertz at 25K miles, runs beautifully, now 100K miles and still trouble free. Engine is 4 cyl, economical, running Mobil 1 now, starts right up even in winter, runs smooth. Ride is sensitive without being harsh. Can carry just about anything including aircraft parts with folding rear seats and hatchback. Just love this car, after 3 RX-7's it's not as sporty but neither am I at 50!