1995 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
1995 MX6
By Rod on 06/18/10 08:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 11 yrs. I parked it for 5 yrs and didn't drive it just sat behind the garage. After a few parts replaced and didn't change the oil right off, new battery. She fired up on first turn of key. Didn't blow any smoke. Replaced a few more things and been driving it 3 yrs now and have had no problems. What a great car!! At a 110mph was very smooth!

200K and still going
By MX-6 owner on 06/06/10 23:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

Here we go. I have a long story to tell about my MX-6. I bought this car from the Mazda dealership I worked at 7 years ago for $2000. At the time it had 82K on it. I put a clutch in it then because it was slipping a little. Prob why it was traded. That was 116K miles ago. I still drive this car as my daily drive. I average 35 mpg. Some highway and some rural/city driving. I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it. This is the best car I have ever had and I still enjoy driving it every day. The body has some rust but mechanically it is sound. I'm thinking about getting a new Mazda3 but prob won't get rid of my MX-6. I'm going to drive it until the repair bill is too much to handle.

Disappointing
By EA on 04/03/10 17:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

Got this car in 2002. Since then the transmission has been rebuilt/replaced three times. Overheats often. In the last two years the car vibrates and shutters terribly when in idle, especially if the AC is on. I've easily spent more money on repairs than I spent on buying the car to begin with. Never thought I'd say it, but this car has me missing my '87 Nissan Stanza.

crying over loss
By wigglesj on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

This 4 cylinder auto had more get up and go than any car I have owned with a small engine. I am now having to replace it because someone hit the car and I believe it will be totaled. The other thing about this car that I will miss, is considering all the get up and go it still would have excellent gas milage. The day I was hit I had filled up, I checked it and I had gotten 34mpg. I am really going to miss this car.

Reliable, fun, comfortable
By n757jh on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

This is my 4th Mazda and it still just feels right! Bought used from Hertz at 25K miles, runs beautifully, now 100K miles and still trouble free. Engine is 4 cyl, economical, running Mobil 1 now, starts right up even in winter, runs smooth. Ride is sensitive without being harsh. Can carry just about anything including aircraft parts with folding rear seats and hatchback. Just love this car, after 3 RX-7's it's not as sporty but neither am I at 50!

What a surprise
By Monifrank on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

..It was...I though was another car, just for some short time, but now I love it, its dependable, safe, and at 160.000 miles runs like no other does, I like to keep it...

Best Car for the Young
By Goldie on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I have owned car since 1/96. I have had no problems. It has over 134K miles. It is a great car during your twenties. I am going to hate to have to get something bigger. But I will keep this for fun rides by myself. Best car buy ever!!

Best Car for the Young
By goldie on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

great buy
By abisen on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

still giving decent / good performance and reliability even after 120000 miles

Proud MX-6 owner
By MX-6 owner on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I about this 2 yrs back and its been real fun to drive. I never thought I would get the fun of driving & owning a sports car at low price.