Hell uva car
By Ian Pierce on
1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe
Bought this car new in Aug of '94. I've always been impressed by the performance of this car considering it only has 118 HP. With 120,000 miles on it, it shows no sign of letting up. Besides a few interior noises and an external AC compressor noise, the car has held up well. The only repairs I've had to have were both CV joints ($240 total), a clutch ($250) at 110,000 miles, trunk lifts ($50), a tune up ($120), and I had the timing belt changed at 80,000 miles ($300). Only this after 8 years of City stop and go driving.
Favorite Features
I love the performance of this car - 118 horse power, but it drives like it has 160. It takes turns great and has a sports car feel. Also, being 6'1" it has plenty of leg room up front. The cloth interior is also top notch.
Suggested Improvements
More horse power would have been nice, but then I bought a 4 cyl. and I knew what I was getting. A better stock sound system would have been nice as well. Hey, Howabout a back seat that someone could actually sit in without having their knees in their throat?