Used 1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:

Solid Car
By designify

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my MX-6 used and was really impressed with the fit and finish, the feel of the drive, and the overall look of the car. I don't know if it's the simple gold (no pinstripes) paint, but I received many compliments on the care and I think it looks a lot nicer than some others I've seen. It's older 162K, flatter (no garage, paint failing), and perhaps on its way out, but if I had a garage to keep it in, I'd consider restoring this car and keeping it forever.

Favorite Features

Solid Road Feel & Sleek Styling

Suggested Improvements

Of course I'd always like more horsepower (165 is decent though) and another cup holder (there's really only one on the driver's side, so significant others may well hate this car), but that's about it for me.

funfunfun
By QMAN

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I had this car for 9 years and still love driving it. Great performance and super reliable and 27 miles per gallon for a V6 is damn good. The only problem was coil went out at 60K miles and no problems after that.

Favorite Features

Performance and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Air condition is not very cold. Start making this car again.

Hoping for two more years
By MAZDAED

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Bought new in Nov. 93 and have dumped alot of money into it: clear coat shot (a trend for '94,Probes also) new trans.(auto.this year have a major shift problem which Mazda won't admit to along with the paint problem) CV boot, water pump crankshaft pos sensor(part of distributor) O2 sensors, power ant. trunk lifts and numerous other repairs.

Favorite Features

Even with all the repairs, the car rides nice on the highway, gas mileage is decent and I enjoy the sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

A better paint job and better quality/reliable components would be at the top, which I think Mazda has probably adressed in their newer models.After '96 I haven't noticed any of their cars peeling!

Looks fast but its not
By Kilboy57

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

My MX-6 was a base model 4cyl auto. The tranny went twice once at 86k and again at 108k miles. This car is far from reliable. If you are considering a car in this sport compact catagory check out an integra or cavalier over this car. It was nothing but headaches.

Suggested Improvements

better tranny

I love my car!
By Kitsue

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Bought new, LS w/spoiler, sunroof/deflector, gold pkg, red w/black leather int. '96: Mazda repainted after some coaxing. '97: car QUIT COLD at 80mph on highway, got to shoulder; in an hour was OK. We had used low-octane gas; never made that mistake again! Repaired trunk lifts, antennae motor, timing chain, CV joints; 2nd paint job 2 mos. ago, repeated rearview mirror fall-offs, fixed funky headlights w/Bright Solution. Many happy trips, has only 76k mi on it now. My husband's ready for his 4th car since '94; mine's a keeper. Can't believe it's worth only $4000 as trade in, & thinking about losing it makes me cry, so we'll keep it till it dies!

Favorite Features

Looks. Ride. Pick up. Comfort. Sunroof. Ride. Pick up. Knowing my 24-yr-old daughter bought one like it after she saw mine. How I feel when I drive it. Knowing my daughter wishes she still had hers! Looks. Surprised faces when I say it's a '94. Did I say looks, ride, & pick up?

Suggested Improvements

Clone it! I don't ever want to not have this car! Bring it back with all of today's safety and convenient features, & a bigger trunk opening, but with its '94 body.