1994 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
What a ride!
By rjmcleod24 on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

What a great car...80% of the money I've dumped into this car has been upgrades (performance and aesthetic modifications) and the only repairs I "HAD" to make were a torn CV boot and a timing belt job when I bought the car as well as the infamous failing distributor ($100) Everything else has been voluntary tune-up and modification jobs.

How's My Mazda?
By acbraswe on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

Car runs very well, but is a little small in the back seat. The sun roof is great and the car is really fun to drive. Needs some minor repairs, body is good. Heater does not work.

My Mazda
By healthnut76 on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

It is an extremely reliable car (have made several cross-country trips in it), and it performs as if it has a few more cylinders than it actually does... if you're thinkin' about gettin' an MX- 6, I would strongly encourage ya.. you won't regret it! :~)

Hell uva car
By Ian Pierce on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new in Aug of '94. I've always been impressed by the performance of this car considering it only has 118 HP. With 120,000 miles on it, it shows no sign of letting up. Besides a few interior noises and an external AC compressor noise, the car has held up well. The only repairs I've had to have were both CV joints ($240 total), a clutch ($250) at 110,000 miles, trunk lifts ($50), a tune up ($120), and I had the timing belt changed at 80,000 miles ($300). Only this after 8 years of City stop and go driving.

Best One Ever
By Stokey on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Have owned this car nearly 9 years, 150k miles. Just had to replace distributor assembly, first big repair in more than 5 years. Only other one was valve cover gaskets. No intention of selling; will keep until it dies. This is one of very few cars of this type that I can fit in and drive comfortably [6'4"]. Best combination of fun drive, comfort, cost of any car i have ever owned.

MX6
By H.Kundel on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Awesome Car, fun to drive and also great handling. Needs more Hp though

Green Machine
By Scottie on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car new (loaded) in 94 and have been very pleased with the performance and reliability of the car. I have never spent much on the car except for a leak with the water pump which caused the electric control box to short out, it was a $500 repair. I plan on keeping it another 3 or 4 years.

Best of Times Worst of Times
By Audrey on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

1996. All the spark plugs went bad while the car was new. Mazda made me replace them 1 by 1. 1997. Recalled switch failed on me while I was on the highway in the early evening- dashboard lights and headlights went out. 1998. Oil pressure valve ($17 part) failed on the highway. Dealer stated must replace engine for $5000, other repair shop replaced camshaft & related parts -$1600. Jan 2001 - Computer ($750 part) went bad. Mar 2002 - 1st gear synchronizer went bad (manual transmission). $1200 to repair using junkyard part. Dealer estimated at least $1900 to fix. 2000. Power antenna froze a year or two ago. ($100 part)2002. Trunk hydraulic hinges no longer hold trunk up. ($112 part)

reliable and great for used car
By ameim on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I've bought this 1994 Mazda MX6 because I like the looks and the performance of the car. I had it for over 3 years now. This car is about 8 yrs old, I still have any problem with. No major internal or external problems at all. Maybe because the owner before me took a good care of it and I also taking a good care of my car. I love this car so much. I plan to keep it for maybe 2-4 yrs.

GOD LIKE
By LikesALittleMonster on 03/15/02 18:52 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

ok car to have i had a 94 with 90 k drove goood Sway Bar link faild needed replacement othere then that had no probs, but then i didnt have it for too long so i cant say much about it