Used 1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:

Best Car Ever
By Lazman

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

It handles like it on rails! Funner then driving a a Go Cart. Most dependable car I ever drove.

The best part is the handling and performance. The 300 ZX can not touch me.

You can not improve this car.

1994 mazda mx-6 2dr ls coupe
By sunshinestate!!!

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and I absolutely loved it!. Never had any mechanical problems. Excellent gas mileage. Light and quick and amazing handing. The only car I never had any problems with. I had put 18 in falcon hanabi rims with low profile tires that matched the interior and the trim.

The quick throttle response. I had the 5speed.Almost telepathic handing,even over 70 mph.

Mazda should remake this model!!!.I wouldn't hesitate to buy one

I cried at her Funeral!
By Rick

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I had dreamed of getting this car long before I purchased it. I was attracted by its looks, and was pleasantly surprised by its performance and reliability. After reading several other reviews, I realize was lucky that I didn't have the leaky A/C or peeling paint problems that other owners had. The extent of my maintenance obligations were an oil change every 3K miles. I did have to replace the CV boots, but luckily, I only paid for that once since the first replacement was under warranty. Unfortunately, she was totaled when she got T-boned in the spring of '03. She gave her life for mine*sniff,sniff* as I walked away unscathed. I haven't owned a car with such classic style since. MX-6s rule!

Classic styling, smooth shifting quick acceleration, sunroof, low to the ground, anything else you can think of.

Bring it back and don't change a thing!

My dream car
By Ldyluvblu20

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I have an MX-6 1994, I love it - great handling car, great gas mileage. 4 cylinder/16vale. She flies low. Since I have had it, I have not had much trouble with it. It is fun to drive, handles great in the ice and snow. A few minor repairs on it. Sunroof, cloth interior, 5 speed manual trans, quad sound system and I like the alarm system on it. This is my dream car and I love to drive it. Adjustable bucket seats. I still have some work to do on it to restore it back to original, but I am working on that one too. That is my goal - to totally restore this car.

Stereo system, alarm system, tight steering, performance is wonderful and the gas mileage is great. Tight gears in the manual 5 speed trans. This car is a keeper. I would not part with my MX-6, it is not only a guys sports car - this lady loves hers.

Cheaper cost for parts to repair it, easier to find. Other than that the MX-6 is one of a kind. This car is also out of production.

Solid and Dependable
By Logan

1994 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for 4 years and I haven't had any problems. I did have to replace the exhaust system this year (rusted out). That was the only rust on the vehicle. This is a very depandable vehicle. It's a small sports car car, so leg room for someone 6 feet or taller may be an issue. I just moved to the MD/DC area and I am now driving it about 100 miles/day and my MX6 is holding up great. the engine is quiet and smooth and travels up to 90 mph with no problems. No leaks, no overhauls. I plan to repaint it and drive for another 130,000 miles.

Engine.

Instrument panel is hard to see with the steering wheel adjusted down.