1994 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Looks fast but its not
By Kilboy57 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

My MX-6 was a base model 4cyl auto. The tranny went twice once at 86k and again at 108k miles. This car is far from reliable. If you are considering a car in this sport compact catagory check out an integra or cavalier over this car. It was nothing but headaches.

Love/Hate Relationship
By Mando on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

While I love the looks and performance of my car, I have to admit I've spent a lot of money on major repairs. I bought it after 51k miles. Being the second owner, I've had to replace the motor mounts and the whole front axle because the original mounts went bad and lifted my engine up damaging my CV axle! Second, my transmission died twice. The first time, I replaced it with a used one and then after 50k miles I had to pay for an overhaul ($1800). Could it be just plain bad luck? But like a star-crossed fool, I stick with my car because I like the look and the way it handles.

How's My Mazda?
By acbraswe on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

Car runs very well, but is a little small in the back seat. The sun roof is great and the car is really fun to drive. Needs some minor repairs, body is good. Heater does not work.

My Mazda
By healthnut76 on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

It is an extremely reliable car (have made several cross-country trips in it), and it performs as if it has a few more cylinders than it actually does... if you're thinkin' about gettin' an MX- 6, I would strongly encourage ya.. you won't regret it! :~)

Hell uva car
By Ian Pierce on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new in Aug of '94. I've always been impressed by the performance of this car considering it only has 118 HP. With 120,000 miles on it, it shows no sign of letting up. Besides a few interior noises and an external AC compressor noise, the car has held up well. The only repairs I've had to have were both CV joints ($240 total), a clutch ($250) at 110,000 miles, trunk lifts ($50), a tune up ($120), and I had the timing belt changed at 80,000 miles ($300). Only this after 8 years of City stop and go driving.

GOD LIKE
By LikesALittleMonster on 03/15/02 18:52 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

ok car to have i had a 94 with 90 k drove goood Sway Bar link faild needed replacement othere then that had no probs, but then i didnt have it for too long so i cant say much about it

Good used car
By ALopez on 03/12/02 04:53 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

.Very nice looking car .Well made with many power features .Handles poorly in the snow !!! .Great for good weather. .You will definitely need to change the low intensity head lights bulbs to higher intensity headlights to see better at night.