1994 Mazda MX-6 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Best Car Ever
By Lazman

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

It handles like it on rails! Funner then driving a a Go Cart. Most dependable car I ever drove.

Favorite Features

The best part is the handling and performance. The 300 ZX can not touch me.

Suggested Improvements

You can not improve this car.

1994 mazda mx-6 2dr ls coupe
By sunshinestate!!!

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, and I absolutely loved it!. Never had any mechanical problems. Excellent gas mileage. Light and quick and amazing handing. The only car I never had any problems with. I had put 18 in falcon hanabi rims with low profile tires that matched the interior and the trim.

Favorite Features

The quick throttle response. I had the 5speed.Almost telepathic handing,even over 70 mph.

Suggested Improvements

Mazda should remake this model!!!.I wouldn't hesitate to buy one

I cried at her Funeral!
By Rick

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I had dreamed of getting this car long before I purchased it. I was attracted by its looks, and was pleasantly surprised by its performance and reliability. After reading several other reviews, I realize was lucky that I didn't have the leaky A/C or peeling paint problems that other owners had. The extent of my maintenance obligations were an oil change every 3K miles. I did have to replace the CV boots, but luckily, I only paid for that once since the first replacement was under warranty. Unfortunately, she was totaled when she got T-boned in the spring of '03. She gave her life for mine*sniff,sniff* as I walked away unscathed. I haven't owned a car with such classic style since. MX-6s rule!

Favorite Features

Classic styling, smooth shifting quick acceleration, sunroof, low to the ground, anything else you can think of.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back and don't change a thing!

My dream car
By Ldyluvblu20

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I have an MX-6 1994, I love it - great handling car, great gas mileage. 4 cylinder/16vale. She flies low. Since I have had it, I have not had much trouble with it. It is fun to drive, handles great in the ice and snow. A few minor repairs on it. Sunroof, cloth interior, 5 speed manual trans, quad sound system and I like the alarm system on it. This is my dream car and I love to drive it. Adjustable bucket seats. I still have some work to do on it to restore it back to original, but I am working on that one too. That is my goal - to totally restore this car.

Favorite Features

Stereo system, alarm system, tight steering, performance is wonderful and the gas mileage is great. Tight gears in the manual 5 speed trans. This car is a keeper. I would not part with my MX-6, it is not only a guys sports car - this lady loves hers.

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper cost for parts to repair it, easier to find. Other than that the MX-6 is one of a kind. This car is also out of production.

Solid and Dependable
By Logan

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for 4 years and I haven't had any problems. I did have to replace the exhaust system this year (rusted out). That was the only rust on the vehicle. This is a very depandable vehicle. It's a small sports car car, so leg room for someone 6 feet or taller may be an issue. I just moved to the MD/DC area and I am now driving it about 100 miles/day and my MX6 is holding up great. the engine is quiet and smooth and travels up to 90 mph with no problems. No leaks, no overhauls. I plan to repaint it and drive for another 130,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Engine.

Suggested Improvements

Instrument panel is hard to see with the steering wheel adjusted down.

Definate must have
By stephsmx6

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

This car is completely and utterly a beauty. I have never loved driving a car sooo much. It handles like a dream and when you want it to go, it goes. And it does it very very fast!

Favorite Features

I love the looks, I mean it's just so, so unique looking. I barely ever see any, and when I do, I just like the way they look.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it was a 6 speed. Or if it was all black leather interior stock.

Loving it!
By Javier

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Had the car 4 yrs. Very dependable, economic and fun. With K&N air intake, nice stainless muffler and bigger rims, the car handles and sounds great. Is a nice car for the city drive.

Favorite Features

4 cylinders. Manual transmission, size, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Leather interior. CD player.

My first car
By SuperDuperEdwin

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, and it has gotten me through my first year of college back and forth 20 miles each way 5 days a week. It is really reliable, it's quick and light, and very fun to drive. For it being a '94 it still has that up to date look. Mazda really did well with this model.

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage for a V6 engine. Great acceleration, and reliable with regular maintenance of full synthetic oil diet every 3000 miles, and 93 octane fuel.

Suggested Improvements

Shouldn't have been downgraded from the Japanese motor which has 200hp stock as compared to 165hp here in the US.

My MX6
By Jim Shaler

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

10 years of enjoyable driving with no problems. A well engineered vehicle. it's back to Mazda for a new vehivle.

Favorite Features

Great handling and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

A little more headroom.

Cool Sexy Car !
By farana

1994 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 3 years and I have loved driving each and every day ,I have driven many other cars but I love this one . Mazda has done an excellent job on the engine and this car is a good balance between the engine and body so this car has a good pick . I strongly recommend this car for all guys who love cheap but fast cars :o)

Favorite Features

Fast pick and big trunk .

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job and more sporty design