1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Fun car with so-so reliability
By mbs_2004 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner of a Hunter Green 1993 MX6 LS. It has been a very pleasurable car to drive for 11+ yrs. It offers a good blend of fun driving, nice interior and great styling. The exterior looks neither trendy nor generic but sporty nice in an ageless sense. Mechanical reliability and cost of repair have been poor. Problems included power antenna that sticked in cold [at 2 year], trunk hinge that wouldn't hold the lid up [at 8 yr], A/C [at 7 year], oil leak [at 10 yr] and many others. Bad city fuel efficiency. Suite polluting (originally purchased in NJ, it barely passes the smog check in CA).

Love it
By psu girl on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Bought the car with ~50K miles on it. All I've ever had to do was typical maintenance (oil changes / brakes) and at 100K, I splurged and spent $400 to replace the fuel and water pump, spark plugs and wires, drive belt... the usual stuff people do when their car lasts that long and you want it to last longer. I've got 106K on it now I'd never get rid of it if that was an option!

My MX-6
By Jim IN MD on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this new in May 1992 before the commercials even were on TV. Classic lines with good performance out of the 2.6L V-6 coupled with a 5sp tranny. Still has more than enough pep with 114K miles on it. Only had minor problems with during the 11 years I have had it- replace the plug wires, leaky trunk, drivers power window switch, and radio antenna motor. Gas mileage is typically 24-26 in town and 28-31 on the road.

very nice car
By Auzzie Mx-6 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Since i bought this car, i really havent had any problems at all, the flywheel and clutch i had to replace, but that is expected on how many miles are on the car. when i bought it, it was at 145+ miles on it, its a great fast little car even for that year

mazda mx6
By elbarbaro on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

very good car. has lots of torque and power compared to competitors, nice style of exterior good looking interior.very comfortable seats and fun to drive. good size trunk room for the size of the car. could have better gearing it lacks power before 3000 rpms.runs on high revs.

'93 MX-6 a fun car
By skyscraper on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

A basically good, fun car. Owned 2. Both had early valve problem which dealer fixed under warranty. Had to replace head gasket in 1 to fix slow oil leak. Otherwise engine very reliable. Trunk lid pistons don't hold up the weight anymore.Other than that, a fun car, peppy and has lasted better than I expected. Interior has withstood 100k miles with minimal wear. Front seats are designed to be snug, work well if you like to push it a little in the corners. After 10 years, the seats a bit too snug. A ture 2+2 - not really usable back seats for more than a few miles. I have just owned 5 sp maunal, not tried auto trans. Fun car.

A great car
By nitsujwq on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

If you have been thinking about buying a MX-6 go for it u will not regret. I got mine about 5 months ago and have enjoyed every moment driving it. My babys 10 years only but people always ask if itds brand new. These cars will look and run brand new for along time if maintaned

it IS like a club
By phinny on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

i use to have a jeep, and whenever another cj went by the peace sign was swapped. same with the mx6 i found out. its cuz we all know what a secret. yeah the seats are awesome, sound system only needed a new tuner, and i can fit 12' boards due to the pass through. it has ageless design. had problems with e-brake, keys breaking off in doors, some dash lights out, antenna motor, ball/cv joints and sunroof track. replacement parts and labor are outrageous. have paid more in repairs than its worth, however, i will never NOT have this car. so i should just shut up. oh, and the probe? nice car, similar but not as comfortable. guess we're snobs.

I LOVE this car!
By HONDAKILLA on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in Oct. 2002, and ever since then, I've beat every car just about on the road. This car is fast, reliable, and really good looking. Who could ask for more? I've put 10000 miles on it so far, and the only thing wrong with it is the O2 sensor (I drive it hard as hell too). This car gets me where I want to go, and I see no reason that this already 11 year old car with only 80,000 miles on it shouldn't get me around for a couple of more years. I must input though, I have the J-spec (Japanese motor) in mine, so its got 200 hp. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Don't want to let go!!
By Mx6girl on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I have had my black v6 ls coupe foe a little over three years. I love the car and find no problems with it. Whenever I'm driving I get stares from onlookers admiring the car. I love that! If Mazda brought this car back I would not only buy one I think some of my family and friends would too.