1993 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
MX6 Greatness
By Jel Zambo on 02/23/06 16:24 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Over 150,000 miles and not one problem. Still does 25-30 MPG. Once dented the side panel, but got that replaced easily. Pleasure to drive. Still looks great. Just love everything about it.

Fun car if you don't mind maintaining it
By John on 02/08/06 14:14 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my car 11 years ago with only 7500 miles on it. Runs great except for its bad weather handling which has resulted in two accidents. Very unstable with snow on the ground. Handles like an ice skate. Both accidents put me right into the curb bending the tire inward. Each repair was $3000 or more. Nothing is cheap on the car if it needs to be replaced. Expect on spending at least $400 anytime you take this car in for something besides an oil change (e.g. oxygen sensor replacement,$800; axle boot replace,$450). The car runs well otherwise, especially in cold weather (irony). But after 115,000 miles, AC, tape player, power antenna, air bag, pneumatic trunk rest, door locks don't work.

Ehhh, they're okay
By Mike on 12/30/05 11:41 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

This car has not been a bad car to me. I did have to the replace the clutch once and axles twice, but the motor Is absolutely solid. Not a drip of anything, anywhere. The interior was not built well. My door panels are barely hanging on by a thread and the fabric on those panels are coming off the surface. The drivers seat does not like to be gotten in and out of a lot because it tends to tear on the left side. My center console started to fall off and my cupholder (the ONLY one in the car) won't come all the way out anymore. Backseat -- crammed, is the only way to put it. Don't try fitting someone over 5'5 in there or they were be hitting their head on the rear window everY 2 minutes.

Awesome Car
By MasterChris11 on 05/09/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Bought this car a year ago. Put on about 25k miles on it so far. It's been a really good car. No major problems except a few things that the previous owner did (put a new engine in wrong). After i fixed his mistakes, the car ran like a dream, and still is. Pretty good on gas and fun to drive.

Money Pit Car
By Kim9 on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Don't buy this car unless you are willing to replace every single part of it which of course will cost you more than the car itself.

Nice classic car
By hemaz on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

With 13 years of being desinged still turning heads.

Economical, sporty, and fun to drive!
By HODGES on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I am the 2nd owner of my MX-6, from selling my mustang in 1997, the car was a dream. It has been a very reliable car with no out of pocket expenses except for minor things. I am actually selling my car, but only because I need a bigger car (not much leg room in the back for clients and family!) Other than that, I will be sad to give it up@!

The MX-6 was near the top in it's class
By crxbrett on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Bought my 93 MX-6 with 80,000 miles 2 years ago. Car has given me no problems at all. Acceleration is quite good (0- 60 in about 7.3 sec) Braking and handling are very good. Comfort is alright but actually quite nice for it's class. Some minor electrical bugs have creeped up but are just annoying (washer light wont turn off) Fuel economy is actually far better than advertised (26-29 mpg-mostly highway) Luggage space is more than enough. Rear is a bit small, but hey-it's a sports coupe not an SUV!!!! A manual is a must in this car.

One sweet Ride
By Tydawg on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I baught my mazda in 2000 with 96K, I now have 150K and have had no major problems. Everyone who sees it falls in love with it. I't a blast in the summer and it takes me to the slopes in the winter. It still looks new after 11 years.

Fun car with so-so reliability
By mbs_2004 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner of a Hunter Green 1993 MX6 LS. It has been a very pleasurable car to drive for 11+ yrs. It offers a good blend of fun driving, nice interior and great styling. The exterior looks neither trendy nor generic but sporty nice in an ageless sense. Mechanical reliability and cost of repair have been poor. Problems included power antenna that sticked in cold [at 2 year], trunk hinge that wouldn't hold the lid up [at 8 yr], A/C [at 7 year], oil leak [at 10 yr] and many others. Bad city fuel efficiency. Suite polluting (originally purchased in NJ, it barely passes the smog check in CA).