1993 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Great handling, nice shape, fun with some flaws.
By ajerimez on 07/15/14 16:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

The second gen MX-6, with its unique looks and sporty handling, enjoys a small but loyal following nearly two decades after it was discontinued in 1997. I bought mine with 93,000 miles, put another 20,000 on the clock (which included a NY-CA round trip), and sold it for what I paid without incurring any major expenses. I liked it a lot and actually felt a twinge of seller's remorse when I let it go. Since it shares the same underpinnings as the Ford Probe, replacement parts are inexpensive and not hard to find. It's basically a reliable and fun ride with a few quirks. Offers great bang for your buck, but they're getting harder to find in good condition as time goes on.

Best of all worlds
By someone on 07/16/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I've owned 3 of these cars over the course of a decade, with the most recent one being a 93 LS with 130k on the clock. replaced CV's and boots on front axle immediately as they were bad, then drove it for 4 yrs without doing a SINGLE thing to it, no maintenance, no repairs. (except a cracked radiator tank, my fault. That took me all of 10 minutes to replace) the car ran like a screaming banshee, always and never left me stranded. sold it for $900 (paid $1,000) and the person who bought it drives it almost 400 miles a week for work. still runs strong and has given him no problems.

LOVES to accelerate! great car.
By rhiannon on 07/03/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Bought this beauty two yrs ago and only parted with her because I needed four doors. The only mechanical issue I really had with this car was an overheating problem, due to the extreme abuse she put up with and all the seals needed replaced. This car LOVES to go faster, never happier than when she's accelerating, even at 80mph!(I've had both the 4 cyl and the 6 cyl and they're both the same) The shifting couldn't be smoother. The exterior looks great too, despite being her age... And around the curves you couldn't find a grippier ride. Thank you, Mazda I will be looking for another mx6 in the future :)

I Love MY MAZDA MX-6
By Abe on 05/25/10 03:48 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It looks great and is fast enough for me I've been getting about 18 MPG City and as high as 33 MPG on the highway. I keep the car as God intended it. Just added a Hood Bra, SUNROOF WIND DEFLECTOR NEW and Headlight Covers.

Had it for 4 years
By Zahir on 05/09/10 07:42 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Got it close to 90,000 miles. Had a ton of things wrong. The radiator, the Steering system, the clutch went bad the wheel bearings went bad and made terrible noises. Anyway when I got all that fixed, the car gave me two solid years (except for a timing belt). Then came the problems again, Struts, Speedometer, Starter, Horn, Airbag, moonroof blablabla. I just kept on driving with those problems. The drive wasn't bad and I do like the 2.5. Great gas mileage and very smooth. Could pick up some speed too if I needed it. Would go to 130 in a heartbeat though 140 would take a while!. In short, a good looking car with a good engine but a mechanical nightmare!

Thank God I found another!!
By Avangi de foe on 08/02/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Have always been a Dodge and Pontiac girl, until 1998, when I drove my first Mazda mx6, it was love at first gear! About a year ago my lil pretty was park outside my home, whem a van came along and totaled her out, I cried like a baby! She had never given me a problem in 10 years despite her 180,000 miles. She drove me and my daughter safely 2000 miles to my mothers funeral just a month before, all the way we drove 80-90mph! Last week for my 50th birthday I found another, same great speed, head turning style and ageless beauty, the legend lives on......ZOOM ZOOM!!

I love my 93 Mazda MX-6 LS 5 speed
By Quantpro on 07/17/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

This car is reliable, handles great. looks very sharp. It's a blast to drive in the spring and summer on long rides in the country. I use this when I want to enjoy a special ride otherwise I use my Honda Civic. I'm keeping this till I can't get in it anymore. Best car I've ever driven. I love Mazda. Zoom zoom!!!

'93 MX-6 is better than most NEW cars.
By CCSO Explorer on 08/18/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car from a family member for $1, and it runs like I paid $20,000 for it. Running it at 65 mph average speed, I get 36 mpg. Running at 80 mph, I still get as much as 34 mpg. As far as mechanical problems go, I have yet to have any, and the engine is still as powerful as the first day on the road. The car also gets attention because there are not many left on the streets anymore. At the current selling value of $2,000, if you see one, grab it. The money you will save in fuel costs is outstanding.

180,000 miles and still going
By Porky on 02/25/08 18:02 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 LS 2dr Coupe

Got it used a few years ago. Radiator had a leak when I bought it, eventually had to replace that. CV joints went bad due to the boots leaking, but that's expected with a car this age. Idle pulley lost its grease and snapped a belt, but that's also just an age problem that is going to happen with any car. Slightly funky exhaust smell. But that's been constant. Uses/burns/leaks oil slowly. Guessing it's due to valve cover/oil pan gaskets. Transmission had gone bad and been replaced before I bought it. Overall, a good car. Sunroof is very slow to open. I haven't tried it in a year or more. I'm scared it won't close back. A/C has never worked. Main interior light burns out very fast.

Mazda really exceeded expectations
By Sarge on 02/22/08 12:19 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-6 2dr Coupe

I purchased the MX6 coupe from my aunt back in December of 2007; she was the original owner. Everything on this car was designed well, except for the 138-hp Inline-4 engine. A sports car should be a little more powerful, but it still runs like a dream. I'm getting about 32mpg on mid-grade fuel. The design of the car looks nice, but all models should have included the spoiler. After 138,000 miles most of the car is still in great shape. The real axle was replaced two years ago as it completely snapped in the snow. Other than that, the car runs great and is still getting attention. It's a car that isn't seen frequently anymore.

1 2 3 4 5 next »