1991 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Best of both worlds, sporty and mpg
By Kage on 03/29/09 10:37 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

This car has been reliable and fun to drive. Regular maintenance is all it's needed. This is a great car for the money. My five speed gets 30 mpg with over 200k.

Excellent car at a Great Deal
By Metalbabe on 04/27/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car out of the 'wholesale' pen, and it has been one of the BEST cars I have had. It has been my daily driver for over 2 years now. The only thing I had to replace was the starter. I have kept up with the oil changes and maintenance, as it already had 105000 when I bought it. I love my little car and am still driving it today! I plan on buying another Mazda (Mazda6) in the future, but plan to keep this one.

Got my money's worth!
By lambtits on 08/16/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Mazda for $425 with new tires and clutch. I had to replace many aged items(brakes, axle, tie rod, brake hoses, sway bar). The clutch master cylinder was bad, but it lasted. I loved the power my Mazda had and the get-up was great. I smoked many sportscars without even shifting out of 4th. That car had amazing power and unless I was racing the fuel economy was great. One little tap on the gas pedal and your head got thrown back. The front seats had plenty of room, but the back was a little crammed. It ate oil for dinner and you could smell it. I traded the car in when it started to nickel and dime me to death on an Escort. I miss the ol' Mazda and won't forget it's purr.

MX-6
By Joesph Fisher on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

You get plenty of car for your money. This is an exellent car to put an investment towards.

Nice car
By Shane on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice car for the money

Nice car
By shane on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice car for the money

GREAT CAR ,WILL NEVER GIVE IT UP
By nightjams on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 11-1/2 years and it still drives like the day I brought it home. It currently has 171,000 miles on it and I have not had one problem with this car but until a few days ago i had to replace to clouch with all them miles it was worth it.You cannot find a better quality car of this age. And the gas mileage is still great with an average of about 34 mpg. Favorite Features: Handling. Engine. Gas mileage

mazda kicks mitsubishis but
By matt whitaker on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

this car is great for its age it has a sound 145hp turbo engine with 191lbs torque and i love it it is the most powerful car i have ever drove,why buy a new car when a used one can beet it,it has all the standard features avalable exept power seats,the 1990-1994 minsubishi eclipes has nuthin on the mx6 such as mx6 dependable,eclipse........not.plus if u race the mx6 will dust the eclipse.so who ever reads this be sure to get u a gt or a lx they both are sleek and are great to handle.theres nuthin live a car made in japan.

Good car for the money
By powerinliving on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my MX-6 from a friend a couple of years back and it has been very good to me. Very few problems ever.

The Power of Turbo
By HUDSON on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many cars. HAving been in the Marines, I have driven many too. However, I have kept my GT Turbo since day one. You can feel the power of the turbo as it kicks in. It feels like much more than 145 horses.