1990 Mazda MX-6 DX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

DX Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Grinder
By Scott on 08/19/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

My Mazda has 333,000 miles on it. I purchased this car for a couple of hundred dollars and it runs like new. Great modern styling and fun car to drive. If you find one buy it!

Great Little Car
By Mazda MX6 on 04/16/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 1990 Mazda MX6 for my older sister, and I almost want to keep it for myself! Almost-modern styling, GREAT pick-up, comfortable ride, AWESOME gas mileage, and fun to drive. This little car can accelerate! My sister and I raced (I have a 1996 Mustang GT) and it stayed with me until about 30 mph. Love the car, it's cheap, reliable, and has cool, unique styling. If it's cheap, and in good shape... BUY IT! Great investment.

Mazda MX-6
By Jose Antonio Ruiz on 04/12/07 11:06 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

It's a great car. I couldn't ask for anything better.

My Mazda Rocks
By Scott on 01/18/07 15:58 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I've owned my car for about 3 months now and it has had its problems here and there but it was really easy to get it back up and running. It's a very reliable car and it's awesome for doing front wheel take offs. I thought when i bought it that I would have a lot of troubles with it but so far none really besides a little seasonal car maintenance. So I would give this car a very good rating and tell anyone who is looking for a reliable car to buy this type if they aren't looking into to spending a whole lot on the car. Now that I own one it looks like a Nissan Skyline from the outside so I am painting it just like the one on 2 Fast 2 Furious.

MX-6: Ups and downs
By Mike on 01/01/05 01:22 AM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Performance with the automatic transmission is weak. The car seems fast until you put it to the ground with the pedal half way and there's no more power at some speeds. Styling is good for a car in its price and year and my paint job has still not faded. It is white but red tends to fade. Cupholders are nonexistant and my A/C weakened out. Engine has survived a ruthless assault and seems to deal well with beatings. There just always seems to be new problems coming up. My motor mounts cracked and this is quite common for this car. Overall it's not a bad car for the price. Others seemed to have a little better luck than me with the car so I think the previous owner was tough on the car.

Mazda
By Andres on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I travel four times from Missouri to the East coast withouth any problem