1990 Mazda MX-6 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1990 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

LX Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Timeless Beauty and Reliability
By MAC on 11/28/05 19:03 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my car (a retired demo model with 3K miles on it) straight from the dealer. In addition to being extremely reliable, my Mazda is fun to drive and a real beauty. Whenever I pull up to a glass-front store, I am taken by the beauty of my car. :) This car will keep going as long as it is properly maintained.

Great, reliable vehicle
By StephS. on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about 12 years ago, and I have had minimal problems with it. I have loved owning this car, and transport everything from plants to antique windows and doors. I've had a few problems with the A/C, and the antenne mast, but otherwise, this has been a fantastic car that has never left me standed.

cool & reliable
By grandog312 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I've had my MX-6 for almost 12 years, and it has been an excellent reliable vehicle. I have a 5-speed with the original clutch! Kept the oil changed about every 4k and timing belt every 75k, and now have 198,000k miles on mine. The AC did go out about a year ago, and the paint job is fading badly, but the engine still purrs like a kitty. I plan to buy another Mazda.

MX- Sweet
By Airplay on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

Real nice car from the days when cars were made to last. If you can find one in good condition get it it will last you for ever.

mediocre at best
By hallse on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

This is my second mx6 and all the problems I had with the first one I've had with this one. Poor paint job, burns oil, expensive drivetrain repairs. All at less than 100k miles! Never again.

My Miata
By Matthew McKarcher on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

High Milage, some extra money, but worth every penny. Will probably buy another one after my first year model needs to pass on. Splendid vehicle.

great car. good friend.
By alacatlady on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

only car I truly researched before buying. I have 5 speed and is fun to drive; really hugs curves; Have 118K miles; only problem is power antenna & cassette player; paint is fading though, but still cute body; runs great.

Good
By Mystikal on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and I love it. I got the 5-speed, and it is fun to drive. I have the LX model, while it is only listed at 110 hp, it performs reall well. It has 144000 miles on it and it is running great. It has power everything, including a fully retractbale sunroof. I think that this would be a great first car for anyone, but the next car I get will hopefully have a little more power. GET THE 5-SPEED!!