1990 Mazda MX-6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-6 model:
Runs and runs
By Automan on 06/12/10 17:17 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 13 years now and have replaced the auto tranny neutral switch, ignition coil, EGR, fan switch, radiator, and distributor. I love the auto tranny shift points but the idle vibration is a bit rough. The exhaust manifold nuts need to be retightened occasionally, but the car is otherwise very reliable and quick. It has almost 150,000 miles on everything but the engine, which has about 60,000 miles on it (previous owner overheated the first one). It will be hard for me to sell this car, but I think a good replacement will be a Mazdaspeed MX5 (now that I don't need to transport kids around).

looks are decieving
By dbk on 07/22/09 00:33 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

It is a great looking little car . Especially for as old as it is. Great paint and style, but it has been nothing but a money pit. I have spent hundreds this last year and am on foot as we speak. I would love to be driving it, but I am tired of calling tow trucks.

good cars cheap prices
By adrian on 02/08/09 23:14 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

i have had mazda mx6's since i was fifteen years old all of them have been the gt turbo model except one but i put the turbo kit on it love the car its body resembles a nisan skyline which is the best car in the world anyway i love it never left me walking

Grinder
By Scott on 08/19/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

My Mazda has 333,000 miles on it. I purchased this car for a couple of hundred dollars and it runs like new. Great modern styling and fun car to drive. If you find one buy it!

Great Little Car
By Mazda MX6 on 04/16/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 1990 Mazda MX6 for my older sister, and I almost want to keep it for myself! Almost-modern styling, GREAT pick-up, comfortable ride, AWESOME gas mileage, and fun to drive. This little car can accelerate! My sister and I raced (I have a 1996 Mustang GT) and it stayed with me until about 30 mph. Love the car, it's cheap, reliable, and has cool, unique styling. If it's cheap, and in good shape... BUY IT! Great investment.

Mazda MX-6
By Jose Antonio Ruiz on 04/12/07 11:06 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

It's a great car. I couldn't ask for anything better.

My Mazda Rocks
By Scott on 01/18/07 15:58 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

I've owned my car for about 3 months now and it has had its problems here and there but it was really easy to get it back up and running. It's a very reliable car and it's awesome for doing front wheel take offs. I thought when i bought it that I would have a lot of troubles with it but so far none really besides a little seasonal car maintenance. So I would give this car a very good rating and tell anyone who is looking for a reliable car to buy this type if they aren't looking into to spending a whole lot on the car. Now that I own one it looks like a Nissan Skyline from the outside so I am painting it just like the one on 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Timeless Beauty and Reliability
By MAC on 11/28/05 19:03 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 LX 2dr Coupe

I bought my car (a retired demo model with 3K miles on it) straight from the dealer. In addition to being extremely reliable, my Mazda is fun to drive and a real beauty. Whenever I pull up to a glass-front store, I am taken by the beauty of my car. :) This car will keep going as long as it is properly maintained.

MX-6: Ups and downs
By Mike on 01/01/05 01:22 AM (PST)

1990 Mazda MX-6 DX 2dr Coupe

Performance with the automatic transmission is weak. The car seems fast until you put it to the ground with the pedal half way and there's no more power at some speeds. Styling is good for a car in its price and year and my paint job has still not faded. It is white but red tends to fade. Cupholders are nonexistant and my A/C weakened out. Engine has survived a ruthless assault and seems to deal well with beatings. There just always seems to be new problems coming up. My motor mounts cracked and this is quite common for this car. Overall it's not a bad car for the price. Others seemed to have a little better luck than me with the car so I think the previous owner was tough on the car.

GOOD!!
By deeeeznuts on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda MX-6 GT Turbo 2dr Coupe

In 4 years i have owned my 6, I have never brought it to the mechanic. No problems with my baby. The car is fun to drive especially when your turbo kicks in around 2600rpm. Only problem i have notice is that there has to be at least 4 feet of piping from the turbo to the intercooler to the throttle. Too much bottleneck, If you free that up it'll be much much better!