2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

GREAT LITTLE CAR FOR ONE!!
By Larry Hubble

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The Pros of the 2016 MX5: 1. Modern body styling; 2. Fuel economy increased; 3. Better interior plastics; 4. Pedals in more comfortable position; 5. Don't have to open fuel door from inside vehicle; 6. Electric steering enhances handling. The Cons of the 2016 MX5: 1. Smaller Trunk space; 2. No glovebox; 3. CD player very inconvienent to access; 4. Cup holders in a very awkward place; 5. Infotainment screen hard to adjust, set up; 6. No way to turn electronics off; 7. Still NO spare tire;

Motoring, indeed. Top down 2 seater with style!
By SHNOOL

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

If you wanted a comfortable roadster, with great road feel, snappy handling, this is it. I am a pretty hard convertible buyer to please, I've owned a 1994 Mercury Capri (which was a stylish 40mpg fun car), a 2005 supercharged Mini Cooper S Convertible with the John Cooper Works package (hard to beat performance), and I also had a 1971 Lemans Sport convertible (classic american muscle). A co-worker brought in his 2016 black Miata Sport into work. This being his 2nd Miata (he had the NC prior) he asked, no, begged me to drive his new 2016 Miata Sport. OK, I'll admit it, I was like how could 155hp be FUN after all my MINI had 207hp and weighed in only slightly more than this! Ok, I was wrong, dead wrong. I bought my white 2016 last week. This car is a BLAST. Its not techy (although the bluetooth is flawless). Every other control is just RIGHT. Controls are non-distracting, easy to use without looking (dials with tactile feel and easy to use). But you are looking at this car for the driving experience, and for that it's just flawless. Do yourself a favor, drive one. Stop reading reviews, and just drive it.

One Month old review for 2016 Miata
By bchang

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just have the car for a month. Very fun car to drive. Great handling in turns and good pick up for a 4 cylinder car. Will have more info to provide later.

2016CeramicMetallicSport
By Timothy N.

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've been graced to drive/own multiple 2-Seat sports cars in my lifetime. Back in 1987 my first car my dad gave to drive was a 1969 Austin-Healey Sprite. It was fun to drive but extremely un-reliable and finicky. It left my behind stranded several times, once I was over an hour away from home (Broken throttle cable). When the clutch finally went out in it my dad said that was the final straw and we had to salvage it. My first Mazda MX-5 Miata experience was driving a used 1995 model back in 2002. It had sport suspension (sport springs/shocks), chrome rollover hoops behind the seats, aftermarket wheels/tires. It was a hoot to test-drive but was sold before I could purchase it. Fast forward to Black Friday 2015 I finally purchased my first MX-5, a 2016 Sport 6-speed. I was the first to own one in my town I live in now, Jacksonville, N.C. It was almost 4mos before I finally spotted another 2016 MX-5 in town, and now there is about 5 more as of June 2016. Anyway - it's a blast to drive, handles pretty well even though I do plan on purchasing lowerings springs or coilovers for it in the future, gets pretty decent gas milage, the standard sound system still sounds amazing and even has speakers mounted inside the headrests. I love the L.E.D. headlights and taillights, and I get alot of looks from people even from people in alot more expensive cars than my Miata. If You have never driven one I suggest You do, it's an experience you'll never forget, I'm blessed enough to have one and as my daily driver at that. Ya'll have a nice day...

Wife wanted one for years
By Mike Ley

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Was looking at these for years and now the new 2016 design pushed us over the edge. More aggressive look that I think looks great.

Only had it for a few weeks but loving it so far. Been years since I wanted to just go for a drive. Now I do.