2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Car Full of Joy
By Doug Shaffer

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Club 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We were looking for a hardtop Club with an automatic transmission and found one at the first dealer we visited. The car is exactly what was expected and is a joy to drive with the power hardtop down in sunny weather - we live on an island in Puget Sound with winding roads and gorgeous views. The model we found has an automatic shift, but can be moved freely to something that simulates a standard manual shift, even when underway. There are four steering wheel finger-operated shift levers that you can touch up or down operating the automatic transmission manually. The simulation is quite realistic. Had a Chrysler rag top in Florida and will not go that route again, but this powered hardtop is wonderful. Aside from the quick powered raise/lower and the ease of keeping it clean, the hardtop is not as noisy inside as the rag top. And I'm quite sure that it's warmer in the winter. We really like this little roadster - it brings us a lot of joy!

Loving my ride so far
By Mickey Ramos

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is for someone who loves a quick, sporty ride and has the physical ability to get in and out of a car extremely low to the ground.

Love My 2015 Grand Touring
By Joules

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My son is off to college so I gave him my 2014 Ford Escape and bought this little hard top for me. Great excuse right?!? Considering other roadsters out there cost so much more, I can't complain about anything. No wonder this is the best selling roadster of all time!

I purchased my 2015 from Enterprise Car Sales - it was a rental and had 19,500 miles on it. I just love it! Every negative point I read on this car, cracks me! It's too small - It's too loud, you can feel the road to much, blah blah blah. It's a roadster so of course it's all those things but it is so much more! It handles like a dream and is so much fun to drive. I joined the local Miata club and did a back road drive to Moss Landing - zoom zoom is right!!

The only change I'm thinking of making is putting in a roll bar. But I love this car and people must love them too because it is hard to find a 2015 hard top and that is exactly what I wanted.

Can you tell I LOVE IT ;)

Fun toy!
By Ron

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Be aware that there is limited seating room (I am only 5'8" tall) and my knees almost hit the bottom of the dash. Also, I cannot recline the seats as much as I would like. One other fault, there is a big blind spot due to the wide area of the top (when it is up) on both the right and left sides (would be the same for the soft top convertible). I used to have a Toyota Celica. It was not as quick (less horse power), but it had none of the issues noted with the MX5.

One other thing I would like and will be doing soon. I would like "stickier" tires. I modified the suspension on the Celica (added a front strut brace that allowed me to adjust the camber, lowered the car ~1.8", larger sway bars [very flat when doing high G corners] and wider tires [195 to 225 section width tires that were "sticky"] and wheels [15 X 6.5" wide to 16 X 7" wide]) and it could pull 1 G in the corners. Because of warranty issues, modifying the suspension on the MX5 is out of the picture for now, but I will be putting new "sticky" tires on it shortly.

Exactly what I expected
By jim dean smith

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car (2015 MX-5, 5 speed soft top) as a toy, to balance with my Tundra. It is an absolute joy to drive, I look for excuses to go somewhere in it. It is very quick both in handling and acceleration (not fast in straight line acceleration, but fast enough and then some), and corners better than my Lexus IS or any other normal car I have ever driven. I now have a little over 10K miles, absolutely no problem. This is a sports car, not particularly practical, but it is lots of fun, so if you can need a reason to buy one, hopefully I just gave you one.
Update, after a year and 20k miles, no problems, although on 100 degree days the ac struggles. But not many 100 + days where I live, so no big deal. Still really like this little car.