2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Exactly what I expected
By jim dean smith

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car (2015 MX-5, 5 speed soft top) as a toy, to balance with my Tundra. It is an absolute joy to drive, I look for excuses to go somewhere in it. It is very quick both in handling and acceleration (not fast in straight line acceleration, but fast enough and then some), and corners better than my Lexus IS or any other normal car I have ever driven. I now have a little over 10K miles, absolutely no problem. This is a sports car, not particularly practical, but it is lots of fun, so if you can need a reason to buy one, hopefully I just gave you one.

Miata Wonders
By bruce neumann

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2015 model with the retractable hardtop, and believe it will be a collectors' item if Mazda continues to offer only the soft-top. Handling is great, more fun per miles (FPM) than most other cars! Looking forward to next summer.

Mazda has no air cond***
By Gigi Hernandez

2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

if you are tempted to buy a cute little Miata like I did ... its adorable ... faster than you can dream... everyone loves it ... but there are 3 problems with this car the air conditioning is weak .... it never gets cold !!! Its hot in Oklahoma right now , so I left the convertible top on , turned my air up all the way , kept waiting for it to get cool ... just barely cool... this is a brand new car !! obviously they assumed if you are going to have the top down you wont notice the air conditioner anyway... but its hotter than #%@$$ ...and the paint job is cheap ... it looks like I drive it thru the brush every day ... I live in the city ... there are tiny scratches all over it ... and we when we had ice in Feb the ice actually left a scrape around the bottom of the car... and the last thing is the radio ... it doesnt search out all the stations like my old car did ... and the speakers are not powerful ... I would get the Sirius option for the radio but I have been trying to read the 300 page instruction manual that was obviously written by a 21 year old genius and not meant for anyone else to understand

• SUV