2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Sort Reviews by

Zoom Zooming
By cynduhrella

2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After losing my 1991 to flood damage I researched a replacement for two years. Decided on the 2012 PRHT .. Im in heaven.. The Bose Stereo Kicks .. Dont know why they stated other wise. The car runs smoother than a babies buttocks and handles better than expected. This was a Fantastic choice for an upgrade from an NA.. When the time comes, I will go & get another NA..as I do miss the retractable headlights & the simplicity of the the first Miatas made.

Favorite Features

PRHT... Stereo & the ride is smooth.. The curves of the body, fenders etc. is sexy..Love the heated seats & a/c controls.

Suggested Improvements

Why are they still making the stupid cup holders on the doors that dont hold a standard bottle size.. thats the only thing that i find annoying! They really need to try out different sizes.

Great fun
By mikeandjudy

2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted this car and I did not. I went to the dealership and tried it out. It is hard to get into if you are used to driving a truck but once you get over that, the car is such a blast to drive. It is not oozing performance but the handling and responsiveness is better than many of the more expensive roadsters. The wind noise is not bad at all. I always saw this as a "girls car" but now I drive it more than she does. Will probably get my own one day. If you try it out with an open mind you will be pleasantly surprised and may even have some fun driving it.

Favorite Features

I like the power retractable top. The auto-dimming rear view mirror is a must. Bose Stereo is wonderful. Key proximity activation is more helpful than I first thought it would be. Seats are comfortable for people of all sizes within reason. I weigh 250 at 6 feet tall. If I were much bigger it may not fit me well. It is a lot easier to get into with the roof down.

Suggested Improvements

taller clear windbreak between seats. Higher torque for low end acceleration would make this car absolutely wonderful. This is a cruising car but sometimes you just want to feel some acceleration. A keyfob roof up/down option would be great. It should be stretched 3-5 inches to allow for more leg room on the passenger side.