6 of 7 people found this review helpful
My 3d Miata
By tristin on
2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I just love Miata.
But I had to do a lot of modifications to the 2012 to make it right.
The Stereo is horrible. Is it even stereo?
The sun visors dont rotate, and are made of cheap plastic.
I guess nobody in Japan drives south in the morning or north in the evening, because if they did, they would soon tire of driving with your hand up by your ear to block the sun!
And there is a huge area in the corner of the window that isnt blocked by the visor.
There are not USB ports!
Lastly, the horn! How could they mis-design the horn switch??
It's this tiny little area in the middle of the steering wheel.
That said, I couldnt help but get another Miata.
blue tooth is great
keyless entry is fabulous
driving is a dream (though a bit noisy)
1) dump Bose. Get surround sound stereo.
2) bring back the 2001 style sun visors
3) At least 2 USB ports should be available, one of which is on the dash.
4) the 2012 cup holders on the door are a waste of interior real estate.
Make them to fit a full size travel mug.
5) bring back the center console between the seats storeage area.
The ones on the back wall of the 2011/2012 are next to useless.
6) move the trunk release forward, so that it is useable without crawling on the ground to find it.
7) expand the horn switch to the size of previous models.
8) move the gas cap release switch out of the storeage area.
9) make the door side storeage areas of useful size.