2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: A mind-blowing sports car to d

2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Review

A mind-blowing sports car to drive!
By nawaaz on

2011 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Through my brief history of owning an array of sports cars, this Miata is the least expensive car I've bought, yet it is simply the best out of them all... It may seem hard to believe, but I WILL NOT lie to you. I've owned a '06 Evo IX MR, '09 e90 M3 Sedan, '10 RX-8 R3... and this MX-5 Miata beats them all. I've matured into a smarter and more expererienced driver, expecially after attending several HPDE events... And this particular car is the pinnacle of pure sports cars. It has all the driving enjoyment you could ever want or need. Having the option of going top-down is an exciting bonus. This car really connects with the driver and becomes in harmony with one another.

Suspension pkg w/LSD, bilstein shock absorbers and sport tuned suspension is a MUST HAVE, IMHO. Do not go without it, because it really transforms the feel of the car to another level! I love the soft top and its simplicity & purity compared to the PRHT. The engine noise sounds so intoxicating even though the engine's nothing exotic. Homelink garage opener is very helpful. Everything is so simple about the car and that's what I love about it. The 6 speed manual is precise and I like the feel of it. Love the high-revving 7200 rpm engine, very responsive.

Shifting's a bit notchy when weather is cold, but I suppose that's normal from my experience. Car's stance could be slightly lower. Seats could be more aggressive and supportive. Xenon lights could be standard on the Touring version, but I love the purity of halogen lights. Radio could have better sound quality, although I'm not picky about it. Paint chips easily on front bumper, but I guess that's hard to control because of rocks & debris. True Red paint reveals swirl marks a bit, but that exterior color is incredible.