My First Miata
By rdb on
2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
We have wanted a Miata ever since first pulling up behind one in Louisville 20 years ago. Really glad we waited until the 2010 since the power hardtop is great to have and much less outside noise. The Miata is beautiful in every regard and corners and drives like a dream. Naturally, being a small sports car and low to the ground, it doesn't have the ride of our LS-430 or Avalon Ltd. but it is also good to have the feel of the road. Actually, I think it rides better than a Corvette. My nephew liked it so much I arranged for them to buy the Liquid Silver from my dealer even though they live in another state. Great car and the only one that has survived in this Class.
Favorite Features
Really enjoying the paddle shifting since I have enjoyed the manual shifting of my Avalon and this is even better. The body design is really cool and the interior is tight but high quality as is the overall car quality. Has a lot of standard features that are luxurious including Bose sound radio.
Suggested Improvements
Hard to remember the gas filler cap release is in the rear console compartment and a little inconvenient so would have been better to locate where the trunk release is below the steering. Also, should come with All Season tires instead of Summer tires for those of us who like to drive it 12 months/y