2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: McGruber was a wise man

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/Power Hard Top)

McGruber was a wise man
By prosthodontist on

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Had the car for 3 months now and after getting over with the shortcomings of a small convertible, I can say that I love to drive this car so much that I am no longer interested in driving any other car except the Porsche Cayman/Boxster. One of the best performance bang for your bucks deals out there!

Favorite Features

Excellent handling/braking/grip/exterior design. Inspires driving confidence with point and shoot ability. Low maintenance cost allows this sports car to be used as a everyday driver without feeling like my wallet is burning.car to be used as a everyday driver without feeling like my wa Low maintenace cost for this sports car allows me to use it as a everyday driver and not feel like my wallet is burning.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power, power, and power, to match to outstanding driving characteristics of this beloved car. Mazda did a great job with the Speed3's engine and I don't see why they left the Miata's out in the cold. Put in a turbo! Make it happen, Mazda, and I will forgive the marginally adequate mpg and use the car for everything, including family trips, towing, and off-roading! Better rear/side and blind spot visibilty. The view is so blocked sometimes even with proper mirror adjustment and add'n of convex side mirrors, I just turn on turning lights, close my eyes and pray when I make a lane change. Where's the spare tire?!