Used 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Porsche or Mazda + Diamond?
By Lady Driver

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The last time I owned a mazda miata was when I was in college. After college I drove Porsche. Now I'm back to the Mazda miata and I love it! Performance has improved tremendously. It is a super fun car to drive. A car with this type of handling for 30k is a value. I could have purchased a USED Porsche 911 for over 60k. Instead, I got this brand new cute fast little car plus a bigger diamond ring AND I never have to worry about maintenance issues all for under 60k. A smarter and more fun decision by far! My husband ended up getting a porsche so we would have one in the family. It is a better drive no doubt. But I am thrilled with my decision to go with Mazda.

Likes: Blue Tooth wireless for hands free phone calls. Handling is terrific.

I don't like the location of the window buttons which is right by the shift stick. Windows go down every time I rest my wrist. Seat Belt Issues: - top down, passenger seat belt, makes too much noise

Everyone Must Drive One
By Ron Johnson

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My daily drive is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. With 366HP is moves and handles well. When deciding on a weekend fun car my criteria was a hardtop convertible, under 30K and reliable. I always read how great the Miata was to drive and how it was tough to compete against. After the test drive, I was totally convinced. The car is a machine rapped around the drivers body. My wife had reservations about the size of the car, but now asks when we are taking it on a drive.If anyone has hesitations about this car, try to buy one 1 year old- there aren't any and I live in New York.

Great Looks, Hardtop Convertible, Good Gas Mileage, Great Handling, Good Power for a 4 CY engine, Good Interior with great leather seats

Adjustable Height Seat For Passenger

Just got it, love it already
By LemmiwinksGT

The ride isn't harsh with the factory upgraded suspension kit and it corners like crazy. Acceleration is brisk and it seems even more so when you're sitting so low to the ground. The engine and exhaust have a nice sound and the car begs to be revved. I absolutely love this car. The hard top is reasonably quiet and adds to the security of the car while parked. The 2009 / 2010 models no longer have a crazy wheel gap like the 2006-2008's and the front end styling is much more to my taste. The stability control isn't intrusive, the headlights are very good, especially the high beams, and visibility with the top up isn't horrible if you fix your mirrors correctly. To sum this up, drive one.

6 speed manual transmission, engine/exhaust note, acceleration and cornering. Good combined city/hwy gas mileage. Usable trunk space. Satellite radio / 6 disc changer with MP3 support.

Allow the seat to go a little lower. I'm 5'10" with a 30-inch inseam and the fit is a little snug headroom wise even with the seat slid back enough so I can just floor the clutch. The Bose stereo could use some additional midrange and the rear speakers are practically unnoticeable.

First New MX-5 Miata, but not first MX-5
By caolsen

My experience with Miatas has been racing and autocrossing Spec Miatas. The legendary build quality and sheer tossability of these cars makes them so much fun. The addition of the Power Top finally made this an option as a daily driver with on street parking being my norm. So when it was time for a new car, the MX-5 Miata was it. The car has the same zoom zoom-gist that I've loved in my other Mazdas. The Suspension package and DSC system on the GT models means that with the addition of snow tires and cheap rims, this will be the daily driver unless the snow is over the lugs. And with the top down and stereo on, you can't beat it for cheap therapy after a long, hard day at work.

The Power Hard top is a must for daily drivers. Also, the re-fresh for the 2010 does make a difference in the style. The steering is so responsive as to be silly on a car in the price range. Better than a Corvette Z06 for my money. But that is what you get for a wheelbase the size of a hamster.

The cup holders, when filled with cups, do get in the way of shifting. And I have to admit the between the seats cubby does feel plastic-cheap. Cover that in leather next time.

The Perfect Roadster!!
By JDR2020

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Having owned Corvettes and German cars for 25 years, I purchased a 2008 MX-5. Except for the radio and seats, loved it. Picked up my 2010 Grand Touring last week. Guess what? State of the art BOSE sound system, high-end seats, perfect shifter and 500 more RPM's in each gear! It cruises at 80mph and will outrun any competitors on a twisting road. Best yet, this perfectly balanced car gets 35mpg. It retains 65% of its value over three years and is inexpensive to maintain. Probably the only car on the road today where the driver is one with the car. The only problem is I want to drive it all the time.

Classic looks, perfect handling and high quality interior.One hundred smiles per gallon.

Put gas tank open switch on the drivers door. Warning to Mazda-Don't add another item. Less is more for this car.