Used 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Most Driving Fun. Period.
By r09

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is in a league of its own. The steering wheel responds to the slightest of inputs. Its agility is amazing. Its cornering ability is amazing. Its lane change ability is amazing. Its value is amazing. It is the most nimble car I have driven, and it is the most fun-to-drive car I have ever driven - and I am a car collector.

Steering responsiveness, nimbleness, agility, cornering

Interior material

The GT PRHT is the perfect sports car
By marylander3

I just love this car!! We got a '10 (identical to the '11) with Premium Pkg, Suspension Pkg, and Appearance Pkg at a tremendous discount. It is gorgeous (in Brilliant Black). The premium package eliminates any prior concern about the tawdriness of the interior -- it is almost plush, and the sound system is superb. Seats and steering wheel position is excellent. Clutch and shifter are the best of all the dozens of cars I've owned, including Porsches. Handling is unbelievable, and the optional Bilsteins do NOT make the car too harsh in normal driving. Finally, the power hard top is magical -- doesn't even intrude on trunk space. I just love this car!!

Power hard top, handling, gorgeous interior, absolutely unbelievable value for the money.

Allow a choice between Sirius and XM as part of the Premium Package. [How's that for a quibble -- it's the only critique I could come up with.]

McGruber was a wise man
By prosthodontist

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Had the car for 3 months now and after getting over with the shortcomings of a small convertible, I can say that I love to drive this car so much that I am no longer interested in driving any other car except the Porsche Cayman/Boxster. One of the best performance bang for your bucks deals out there!

Excellent handling/braking/grip/exterior design. Inspires driving confidence with point and shoot ability. Low maintenance cost allows this sports car to be used as a everyday driver without feeling like my wallet is burning.car to be used as a everyday driver without feeling like my wa Low maintenace cost for this sports car allows me to use it as a everyday driver and not feel like my wallet is burning.

Needs more power, power, and power, to match to outstanding driving characteristics of this beloved car. Mazda did a great job with the Speed3's engine and I don't see why they left the Miata's out in the cold. Put in a turbo! Make it happen, Mazda, and I will forgive the marginally adequate mpg and use the car for everything, including family trips, towing, and off-roading! Better rear/side and blind spot visibilty. The view is so blocked sometimes even with proper mirror adjustment and add'n of convex side mirrors, I just turn on turning lights, close my eyes and pray when I make a lane change. Where's the spare tire?!

Transformation in the Tires
By Manny

2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Most of the reviews cover the important tech issues. I love my car but from day one I assumed that the rough and relatively noisy ride was related to the "sport type tuning" of the car's suspension - and I would just have to live with it. How wrong I was. This was the only thing about the car I did not truly enjoy - it was very noisy - road noise that was magnified by any road imperfections. Living in NY, I knew I had to replace the stock 17" Summer Tires (potenza) with an all weather tire. This weekend (October 2010) I put on a set of Conti Extreme Contact DSW and wow, what a difference. The car was transformed - it is now composed and a pleasure at any speed and road surface.

Fun to drive (nimble and and a pleasure to look at).

My car was NOISY - it was the tires but I didn't realize that until I changed them. Change them and then really enjoy your ride. Unless you're racing the car, get something quieter and more relaxing. It's a great car.

Always wanted one
By EJS

I spend each Saturday driving about 100-150 miles just for the fun of it. Many friends are jealous and I expect to see some buying their own in the near future. the only problem it seems to have is an unreliable exterior temperature reading.

Handling is great. like driving a "slot car". getting 32-33 mpg on the highway and 26 overall.

for the price I would expect a few more high-end features. My Caddy lights come on/off automatically. one- touch down and up on the windows. fog lights without the need of headlights on. offer XM in addition to Sirus radio. find a way to include the storage pockets behind the seats on the PHT mode