MX-5 Happy
By Canadian Car on
2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This is my second MX-5. I had a 2002 and traded it in in 2006 for a BMW 3 series sedan. I missed it so much, I bought a black Sport with PRHT. I love this car and can't get into it without smiling. It is fun to drive and to cruise the back roads as well as a daily commuter. The greatest improvements since 2002 is that this feels faster, less noisy with the top down and I do not miss having to put on that vinyl roof cover. It still drives like a go kart and handles like a dream. I took it to Stowe Vermont and it was great going through the Mountains with my 6 speed. To misquote Jeremy Clarkson, "The reason I gave this car 10 stars is because i could not give it fourteen."
Favorite Features
The PRHT keeps the noise level down and adds added protection/safety. The cloth seats don't burn your legs in Summer. The 6 speed is great and gives the full sports car experience. The price. Not the top speed of the Boxster, but this is half the price. Besides I can't use that speed anywhere.
Suggested Improvements
The stock GS Bose stereo is a little meek and can use some more power and another speaker. The GT may be better. Move the Gas Cap opener switch somewhere else. Keep the car small and light. No bigger.