Keeps getting better and better
By ZoomZoom on
2009 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I drove an '09 on a whim, didn't think I'd buy as I loved my 07 Grand Touring PRHT. I was wrong. As soon as I took the test drive I could tell the seemingly minor changes had made a great car even, well, greater. Red line is up to 7200, so less hitting the rev limiter when winding it out. Engine and tranny just seem stronger and smoother, although the published numbers are basically unchanged. 6M shifts seem even tighter and shorter if that's possible. Must have been exhaust tweaks because it sounds even better. Interior also seems roomier, the door cup holder has been redesigned and no longer protrudes into your leg. Love that! Traded my 07 on the spot and drove the 09 home.
Favorite Features
Higher redline and overall drivetrain and interior tweaks. Super reliability based on my 99 and 07 Miatas, never a single problem. Got Homelink, Bluetooth phone, keyless, and TPM. Price undercuts base Z4/Boxster by $25K or the Z4 Turbo/Boxster S by 35K. Cash in my pocket. Low cost of ownership.
Suggested Improvements
Another 100 or so horsepower would be great, but what's under the hood certainly rocks. Another inch or two of leg and shoulder room would make it perfect.